Question AMD GPU driver crashes while trying to use it for video rendering.

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
I'm using an RX 580 for little projects in DaVinci resolve and Vegas pro, after some time my screen goes black and I have to restart my pc and I get a notification saying that the GPU driver crashed and Radeon Wattman settings have been reset to their defaults. I have undervolted the card because of thermals and it's stable in everything except for video rendering, but it also crashes on default settings.
PC specs:
Asus Tuf b450 plus gaming motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600
RX 580 8gb
Adata 120gb ssd
1x8gb 2666 ram
WD blue 1tb hdd
750W 80+gold antec PSU

Jul 11, 2019
I'm using an RX 580 for little projects in DaVinci resolve and Vegas pro, after some time my screen goes black and I have to restart my pc and I get a notification saying that the GPU driver crashed and Radeon Wattman settings have been reset to their defaults. I have undervolted the card because of thermals and it's stable in everything except for video rendering, but it also crashes on default settings.
PC specs:
Asus Tuf b450 plus gaming motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600
RX 580 8gb
Adata 120gb ssd
1x8gb 2666 ram
WD blue 1tb hdd
750W 80+gold antec PSU

Hi IproZ1,
I have exactly the sam problem. Im going through the forum looking for solution and you are 4th person (including me) with same problem. Strange that 3 of us has the same gpu and cpu (RX 580 & Ryzen 5 2600X). Computer works fine untill I try play a game. When I get in-game it freezes and screen turns black for about 10-20 secs. This repeating again and again. I tried also many things to get rid of this issue like uninstall drivers (clean with DDU), install older drivers, reinstall windows, update BIOS, RAM test, Disk test and nothing works. I started to have this problem around date 22/06/2019.

If anyone knows or find solution please let us know.

Jan

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
Hi IproZ1,
I have exactly the sam problem. Im going through the forum looking for solution and you are 4th person (including me) with same problem. Strange that 3 of us has the same gpu and cpu (RX 580 & Ryzen 5 2600X). Computer works fine untill I try play a game. When I get in-game it freezes and screen turns black for about 10-20 secs. This repeating again and again. I tried also many things to get rid of this issue like uninstall drivers (clean with DDU), install older drivers, reinstall windows, update BIOS, RAM test, Disk test and nothing works. I started to have this problem around date 22/06/2019.

If anyone knows or find solution please let us know.

Jan
Hey, I've ignored that issue with video rendering and I've bought 8 more gigs of RAM and it was unstable. Had the exact same issue but it wasn't in games, it was on the desktop. Did troubleshooting for a few hours until I increased DRAM voltage and since I had no GPU driver crashes or anything. I guess it might be the same issue for you. Also did DDU and reinstalled the driver and didn't help but increasing DRAM voltage fixed it. I guess the Radeon WattMan resets everything to default as a fail-safe if it detects a crash in case it was GPU related in case you got that message as well. BUT be careful if you're planning to try that. If you've never done it watch a few videos about how to do it.

TRENDING THREADS