News AMD GPU Prices Dip 8% Below MSRPs in Latest European Survey

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
That graph and average price of GPU's is so miss leading. The entry level cards are still over MSRP, just the over priced (at MSRP) top end cards coming down bring the average down.
Yes cards have come down but by no means is that over the whole range.

Reactions: shady28

InvalidError

Titan
The entry level cards are still over MSRP, just the over priced (at MSRP) top end cards coming down bring the average down.
Up north in Canada, the RX6600 has come down from $530 in April to $350 now. While it may not be the lowest-end model in the lineup, it also definitely isn't top-end either and still making some good progress towards affordability.

As the mid-range models drift closer to what their fair price should have been without the cryptflation, more people who were previously contemplating the low-end models due to nothing else being available for a remotely affordable price will step up to the now palatable RX6600 and drive the lower-end SKUs that haven't hit rock-bottom yet down some more.

Reactions: thisisaname

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Up north in Canada, the RX6600 has come down from $530 in April to $350 now. While it may not be the lowest-end model in the lineup, it also definitely isn't top-end either and still making some good progress towards affordability.

As the mid-range models drift closer to what their fair price should have been without the cryptflation, more people who were previously contemplating the low-end models due to nothing else being available for a remotely affordable price will step up to the now palatable RX6600 and drive the lower-end SKUs that haven't hit rock-bottom yet down some more.

Interesting card the RX6600 cost over 50% more than the RX5600 for less than 30% increase in performance not what I would call progress. UK was £255 to £389 (52.5%) US $279 to $379 (35%). Your doing a lot better in Canada $450 to $483 (7%) was the 5600 over priced in Canada?

InvalidError

Titan
Your doing a lot better in Canada $450 to $483 (7%) was the 5600 over priced in Canada?
I never planned to buy anything from the previous generation, so I didn't pay much attention. Only thing I know is that in this current crazy market, the cheapest RX6600 (PowerColor Fighter) I can get is $350 vs $no-stock/$unobtainium for the RX5600, which makes the RX5600 is a no-go.

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
That graph and average price of GPU's is so miss leading. The entry level cards are still over MSRP, just the over priced (at MSRP) top end cards coming down bring the average down.
Yes cards have come down but by no means is that over the whole range.

Agree. That 'mid range' is going to be the area with the highest demand, and hence less price movement. Once that bulwark cracks, all the other prices will really cave in. Seems like those prices are dropping a few percent every few days.

Reactions: thisisaname