[AMD] Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered.

terafic

Prominent
Feb 7, 2019
So my monitors just go black for few seconds then recover with error message saying taht the Graphics driver has stopped responding and that it has recovered. This keeps happening while playing game or even when just browsing youtube or facebook. I tried the TdrDelay fix but didnt work at all for me. This started happening right after i installed my very first ssd drive and installed win10 on it. Doubt it is the cause but im just clueless now what could be the cause.

My specs:
GPU: AMD RX 560 4Gb
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six Core
16Gb Ram
Mobo: Asus Prime B-450 Plus

Im using windows 10 pro, Freshly installed with other disks completely wiped, system running on SSD and other stuff running on other HDD, i have two monitors if it even could be linked to this problem.

Rataan

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I had black screen problems about two years ago with a GTX 760 i5-3570K system. I seem to remember getting error messages like you describe a few times, but mostly it was black screens that would not recover without a hard reboot. My problem seemed to be related to a disagreeable Windows update, but whether it was a Windows bug, a driver bug, or some oddity of my particular hardware configuration we will never know. It went away after about 6 months, but would sometimes briefly reappear when doing another Windows update. A Radeon 7870 i5-3570 system that I had at the same time never had a problem.

I'm thinking you should do a clean install of Windows and the driver, roll back any overclocking, reseat your GPU, reseat GPU power connectors, and basically do anything you can think of. I feel your pain. It was very frustrating for me.

terafic

Prominent
Feb 7, 2019
Hey, thanks for all the answers! And sorry for the late response but i didnt had acces to internet lately. I have no idea what happened but the problem seems that it fixed itself..? Maybe it was win update? i really dont know however the problem is gone.