Question AMD Graphics drivers cause windows to stutter

Apr 5, 2020
I have after alot of troubleshooting, narrowed the stuttering of my computer down to it being the new AMD Graphics setting. I run on a A-series APU that incorporates AMD R4 graphics. As far as i know from the research ive done, the only known model of laptop that does this is mine. After updating the drivers i tried to roll them back to the previous driver but the option is grayed out. Can someone walk me through on how to fix this and provide the driver i would need to download. Im pretty sure the problem is just the newer drivers. Ones from 2017 and up seem to not work. (Ive factory reseted my computer, downloaded several different drivers, and have overall tinkered alot.)

Please, i basically cant do anything with this computer anymore.

Laptop Model: 44ZWC12 (Dell Inspiron 3541)
APU: A6-6310 with a Radeon R4 GPU

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020
False alarm. After alot of trouble shooting, i just went into DDU in safe mode, cleaned and restarted the graphics driver thus removing it, then went back into normal windows and installed the last working version (16.12.2)(No 17.xx.x versions will work) Hopefully, this response can help a few.

D

Deleted member 14196

False alarm. After alot of trouble shooting, i just went into DDU in safe mode, cleaned and restarted the graphics driver thus removing it, then went back into normal windows and installed the last working version (16.12.2)(No 17.xx.x versions will work) Hopefully, this response can help a few.
This is usually the thing to do with the new drivers are screwed up in general

Aug 29, 2021
I have after alot of troubleshooting, narrowed the stuttering of my computer down to it being the new AMD Graphics setting. I run on a A-series APU that incorporates AMD R4 graphics. As far as i know from the research ive done, the only known model of laptop that does this is mine. After updating the drivers i tried to roll them back to the previous driver but the option is grayed out. Can someone walk me through on how to fix this and provide the driver i would need to download. Im pretty sure the problem is just the newer drivers. Ones from 2017 and up seem to not work. (Ive factory reseted my computer, downloaded several different drivers, and have overall tinkered alot.)

Please, i basically cant do anything with this computer anymore.

Laptop Model: 44ZWC12 (Dell Inspiron 3541)
APU: A6-6310 with a Radeon R4 GPU
Having same apu and I can confirm latest working driver is 17.4.4 anything above that and laptop is freezing and stuttering