AMD Has An Ace Up Its Sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

wtf, this make no sense at all? are you on drug or something?

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I think the article is referring to the new "Turbo" button that is making a comeback. I think I read somewhere this will be a retro feature to increase performance when needed. I think it is MSI that will start using this feature. What did you guys find so hard to understand about the article?

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Do you mean that the CPU speed is depending on the motherboard? For example, a 2.5GHz CPU on an $80 board is 2.5GHz, 2.6GHz on a $150 board and 2.7GHz on a $200 board.

xx12amanxx

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
Ok...it's not nice to play with our emotion's like that!

But if this turn's out to be true and offer's some kind of performance increase then maybe i will not buy the new Intel offering's and stay with AMD?

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
"It just does not get any more better than this." ????

Sounds more like a sales pitch than an impartial article. Are you long on AMD stock?

G

I guess we just should not expect too much from the author of this article, after all he's originally from The Inquirer.

erekp

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"It just does not get any more better than this." More better??? Please learn English or even American English and then re-write this sad excuse for an article.

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
:sighs:

so let me get this.. somehow.. AMd has a plan up its sleeve to sell "crippled" cpu for people to think they couldnt overclock or go further than 3ghz, BUT, now they will release the motherboards with the capability tounlock the hidden feature and overclock past what they wherent suposed to do.... SHIT THE FUCK

OK on the good side, this means that we can actually buy 3.6 GHZ PHENOMS (given we use the right mobos/cpus combos)

Thanks Theo.

As usual your in front of the other hacks.

I notice that you and Charlie and Fuad still get the news days in front of the rest of the journo's around.

See their whmperings above ... pipped again at the post !!!

heh heh

extechguy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
I agree. Everyone I knew left the turbo button on all the time. It reminds me of "This is Spinal Tap":

This amp goes to 11!
Couldn't you just make 10 louder?
But this one goes to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS