Question AMD igpu or NVIDIA dgpu to save temps/power

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
When I disable RTX from device manager and use AMD Radeon, my AMD Ryzen CPU becomes a lot hotter. Does AMD 680M consumes more power than RTX 3060? CPU is around 60c-74c'ish in game and if installing games and even watching a 1080p video on YouTube. I play 30fps low to mid settings.

Which GPU I should use?

Solution
Which GPU I should use?
the iGPU is embedded in the CPU.
this makes the CPU as a whole work harder and can lead to higher CPU temperatures.

the integrated AMD GPU does not have near as much horsepower as the dedicated Nvidia RTX GPU.
the RTX 3060 is a much better graphical processor and should always be used for any sort of gaming or other intensive graphical processing.

there would be no point in even having the RTX 3060 installed if you are going to solely use the iGPU.
why would you be disabling this PCIe graphics card to use the integrated graphics?
Which GPU I should use?
the iGPU is embedded in the CPU.
this makes the CPU as a whole work harder and can lead to higher CPU temperatures.

the integrated AMD GPU does not have near as much horsepower as the dedicated Nvidia RTX GPU.
the RTX 3060 is a much better graphical processor and should always be used for any sort of gaming or other intensive graphical processing.

there would be no point in even having the RTX 3060 installed if you are going to solely use the iGPU.
why would you be disabling this PCIe graphics card to use the integrated graphics?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS