News AMD Introduces New Chipset Driver for Ryzen CPUs

You don't need to post all of those links. AMD uses the same chipset driver for every AM4 chipset from A320 to X570.
Is there any word on x670? I'm still hoping they can avoid chipset fans this generation.
I still can't believe that they needed fans to begin with. In over 30 years of PC building, I had never seen that before nor did I think that they would ever need fans on a motherboard chipset. And here I thought that newer tech with smaller process nodes used less power and created less heat. Oh well.

Reactions: PapaCrazy
You don't need to post all of those links. AMD uses the same chipset driver for every AM4 chipset from A320 to X570.

I like to be redundantly thorough, and sometime I like to be thoroughly redundant. ;)

Not saying you're wrong in what you mentioned. Really, I never know if some specific item is added in some builds just for specific chipsets, so that's why I posted the links. Maybe AMD thinks it makes us feel good when we find our specific version (ok - for me, yes, it does), and maybe they structure the drivers that so they can put out some chipset-specific fixes if needed. So right now they look like like they're all using the same driver set, but later, who knows?

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I still can't believe that they needed fans to begin with. In over 30 years of PC building, I had never seen that before nor did I think that they would ever need fans on a motherboard chipset. And here I thought that newer tech with smaller process nodes used less power and created less heat. Oh well.

Yep. I remember the days of chipset fans, and it's hard to stomach having one in a modern system. Especially with everything else being so clean and cutting edge. I'm particularly worried about the noise and longevity (or atleast difficulty in replacing it). I was thinking I could mod the chipset and add a heatsink but that honestly sounds like a pain in the butt. And I'd like to actually build a looker this time, so removing the mobo aesthetic plates would hamper that goal. Hopefully previous rumors of a low-power X670 chipset come to fruition, but AMD has said nothing recently.