AMD Introduces Radeon R9 Fury Series Graphics Cards With Fiji GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
....1!
darn, i was slow!

i am still in shock from the R9 Nano's pic. surprised to see such a er.. firebreather in such a er.. laid back look. the cooling fan doesn't stand out either. nvidia's ITX cards have a real competition now, provided that amd keeps the monster under control. over all, nicely done, amd. i hope the reviews/IRL performance of these cards are as good.

SO when will you have benchmarks up? I would assume sooner rather than later. Doubt an NDA could be up anymore since AMD just announced specs and pricing (well some specs anyways).

Too soon could mean beta drivers with unpatched software... hope they do it right.

I like that nano and its size .. beats he heck out of them 13'' monsters they were putting out - I just don't like the no dvi port .. at least NVidia cares enough to keep dvi-I no there cards and understands theres still folks that may require that

like the cards over the 280x only came with dvi-d so they were a no sale as well

thanks NVidia

They probably will have to be beta drivers but I doubt AMD has been sitting on the drivers this whole time and not trying to get at least one WQHL out for them.

I doubt they will not include a DP to DVI adapter. As for if it is DVI-I or DVI-D I wouldn't know yet.

Giroro

Splendid
Assuming the R9 nano is in the ~$300 price/performance range, that is the card I want. Too bad It won't come out until fall. I don't want to wait that long.

And to the guy complaining about dvi... I suggest you upgrade your monitor.

amd and AIB partners can stick a thin AIO CLC like corsair H50 on the fury non x and nano and go for even smaller occupied space.
i hope HIS (or anyone else) makes an r9 nano based card cooled by a blower type (1.5 slot or dual slot height) cooler.
so many possibilities.

Giroro

Splendid
SO when will you have benchmarks up? I would assume sooner rather than later. Doubt an NDA could be up anymore since AMD just announced specs and pricing (well some specs anyways).

Too soon could mean beta drivers with unpatched software... hope they do it right.

I would be fine with AMD's claimed performance/marketing material ... just to give some context where they fit into the lineup (especially for their GDDR5 cards)

I still use a few crt monitors so vga and dvi-I is still needed [for easy use] thing is with NVidia its all plug and play for the money with amd its spend on the card and spend more to get it to support your needs ?? why would I do that ?? it spend on a card that's got me covered or on one that don't ?

'' And to the guy complaining about dvi... I suggest you upgrade your monitor.''

like I said why not buy the card that supports me ?? why pay 400$ for a card that does 1/2 of what I need then got to go buy more to support it when nvida for the same price does all I need for one price ?? silly boy [fools and there money are soon parted ]

Aspiring techie

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
AMD has just hit a home run! With cards of such high grade performance at such low prices, it looks like they just gained the upper hand on Nvidia (I hope I'm not being too hasty in writing this. Benchmarks I guess will tell.)

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
I am planning to build a small ITX gaming PC, But most of the mini-ITX cases are simply too big. Project (product soon) Quantum looks like the best alternative, as long as its graphics processing power surpasses its counterparts in the same size and price range.

Because what you are trying to do is not done by the majority of people. The majority of people will upgrade to a newer monitor and utilize newer interfaces.

But what works for you is great. Go for an NVidia GPU as that is what works for you.

I think you are jumping the gun a bit too soon. I am reserving judgment after the Hawaii XT fiasco. I was excited about it. I mean Hawaii is a beautiful place but the GPU just didn't deliver until the AiB versions came out and put massive cooling on them. Even then they are currently meh products.

It wasn't a joke. Only the Fury and Fury X are new (as is the Nano but that is not out for a while now). The entire 300 series are rebrands of previous GPUs.

Actually they did mention TFLOPS, 8.9 for Fury X.

With a week to go til launch and no review samples out, I'm a little apprehensive.

Not giving out review samples until the retail release is a hallmark of a bad product. I'll keep my fingers crossed despite this red flag, tough.

The GTX 980Ti and Titan X are both 250W TDP parts. If the leaked benchmarks are true then 275W TDP is not that bad.

Still holding judgment but 25W is not that much to be concerned about.

As said they will probably include DP to DVI adapters but dual-link DVI is not that common anymore.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

I would be fine with AMD's claimed performance/marketing material ... just to give some context where they fit into the lineup (especially for their GDDR5 cards)

Compare the pricing to nvidia 980 and 980ti...that's how the performance fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.