AMD Launches Catalyst Driver for Windows 8.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2012
I downloaded the Win 8 Preview and attempted to load it in a VM. It wouldn't work. I received the following error: “You can’t install Windows 8.1 Preview because your processor doesn’t support CompareExchange128.” I have no idea what that means, and I run Win 8 in a VM. I promptly deleted the preview iso file. I'm not doing MS's debugging. I have a disdain for MS. A company that has made so much money still putting out junk.

Jul 11, 2012
I downloaded the Win 8 Preview and attempted to load it in a VM. It wouldn't work. I received the following error: “You can’t install Windows 8.1 Preview because your processor doesn’t support CompareExchange128.” I have no idea what that means, and I run Win 8 in a VM. I promptly deleted the preview iso file. I'm not doing MS's debugging. I have a disdain for MS. A company that has made so much money still putting out junk.

Or you could do some searching and find this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-windows_install/windows-81-preview-will-not-install-i-get-this/a08ad8c4-bbe0-4a62-b540-1c70e58b8cba

It looks pretty simple to me that the VM is not set to support the feature by default.

So far enjoying the preview. Haven't tried the new drivers yet though. Probably will try them tonight and see how they compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.