TheNewJavaman

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Specs:
- CPU: AMD A10-7850K
- RAM: Patriot 4 x 8GB DDR3_1666Mhz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte A88X-D3HP
- GPU: RX460 4GB

I've used this system for a few months now after RMA-ing a dead mobo and getting a new one. Just a few weeks ago (I've put off fixing it), my system now only beeps once (not twice) on boot, and shows the "UEFI Dual Bios" logo on top with nothing below. The computer then reboots and repeats as described above endless times. Anyway, the PC has worked in the same setup for years (except for replacing the motherboard with the same model mobo), so I don't know why it would suddenly stop now.

I've tried reseating the RAM, testing each module, and clearing the CMOS. I don't like messing with the CPU (i.e. reseating it), but I will if it's suggested to me. If any of you know what's going on, please reply. I don't want to get it repaired (my locals are expensive lol), so please send help :)

Thanks!

TheNewJavaman

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

1. Nope
2. I don't know. I don't think so, but I can't check anyway (I can't access the BIOS at all)
3. I'm using an SSD as the main OS drive - it was fine when I checked it a few weeks ago. (level health or whatever at ~89%, OCZ brand, 60GB)

Thanks for your help :)

1. Try booting with the graphics card in the 2nd x16 slot to see if that makes any difference.
2. What is your power supply?

TheNewJavaman

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

1. When that happens, the output switches to my APU (part of the A10-7850K), but has the same error. Because I'm unable to reach the BIOS, I can't switch outputs to my GPU in the second slot.
2. My power supply is a generic one that was included in my case. Model number Raidmax RX500? (Link to the case) I wasn't able to find out online for sure, however. I can test it with another computer if you'd like me to tomorrow since I'll have time over the weekend.

Sorry for the delays, and thanks again.

Yes, you should probably test the PSU with another computer if you can, it could be causing your problem. Here is a comment about the Raidmax Ninja II from the reddit thread link below:

Fry's gives the model number as ATXA06SWBOP, but I don't see this anywhere else, not even on Raidmax's site. The closest I can find there and elsewhere is ATX-A06SWBO, which doesn't include a power supply. Maybe the P is for power, which would explain the "500W" in the title on Fry's site, but then you'd think they'd say something about the PSU in the description, which they don't. So if there is a PSU, it's bad enough that neither Raidmax nor Fry's want to discuss it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/7cgim5/case_raidmax_ninja_ii_midtower_atx_orange_case/

TheNewJavaman

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

I got around to testing both the GPU and power supply in another computer. Both of them work properly, so at this point (due to no beep codes), I'm thinking that it must be the motherboard. Is there anything else that I should try?