Good brand
Supports 5700g
HDMI 2.0
DP 1.4
WiFi 6 + BT 5

Would like to have:
Debug LED code
Built in i/o shield

I'm looking for a motherboard that has both HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 so I can set up multi display, with built in wifi. Is there such a thing? Debug LED codes are a bonus. Aiming for a budget sub-250USD

I don't game, so graphics output are of my APU, a Ryzen 5700g. I prefer my refresh rates to be at least 100Hz.
Overclocking: RAM XMP is the only thing I will be enabling.

So far I've only found 2 motherboards that support all of the above:
ASRock B550 Taichi
EVGA x570 FTW WIFI (quite expensive)

There's a MSI board I found, though it doesn't have Debug codes. In the event of a problem, how do I go about troubleshooting?
The board has an unmarked displayport. Does anyone know if it is 1.2 or 1.4?
MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi

Thank you

There's a MSI board I found, though it doesn't have Debug codes. In the event of a problem, how do I go about troubleshooting?
It has EZ Debug LED's to assist in troubleshooting.

The question about the Displayport Version is a bit confusing. I thought the main benefit of DP v1.4 is it's ability to sync very high refresh rate monitors (144Hz and over). Since this is a 5700G APU you're talking about I wonder if that's really a problem since it's unlikely to have the ability to do that on it's own. Since that's about the best APU they'll ever make for AM4 DP version seems a bit of a non-issue. But I may be missing something about it aside from just the refresh data rate capability.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022
It has EZ Debug LED's to assist in troubleshooting.
Is it easy to understand?

The question about the Displayport Version is a bit confusing. I thought the main benefit of DP v1.4 is it's ability to sync very high refresh rate monitors (144Hz and over). Since this is a 5700G APU you're talking about I wonder if that's really a problem since it's unlikely to have the ability to do that on it's own. Since that's about the best APU they'll ever make for AM4 DP version seems a bit of a non-issue. But I may be missing something about it aside from just the refresh data rate capability.
Interesting. If i really dont need 1.4, then i think MSI can be a winner here.

As for the asrock, is that a good choice?

Is it easy to understand?

Interesting. If i really dont need 1.4, then i think MSI can be a winner here.

As for the asrock, is that a good choice?
It's very easy.... there are 4 LED's. 1 labeled CPU, 1 labeled VGA, 1 labeled RAM and 1 labeled BOOT. They will light in turn during POST as the respective sub-system is being initialized. If one fails, the boot process stops there with that LED glowing so you know where the problem is. It's really all an average user needs to know. A DR Debug display (the two digit readout) provides more information once you interpret the code, that's useful to extreme overclockers who're doing crazy things like warm starts before putting LN2 in the pot or want to know just how extremely OC'd memory failed to initialize, for instance.

I don't know if you need...or even want... DP 1.4 since I'm not sure of all it's benefits. I know you really need to get a DP 1.4 capable cable too or it won't work, but that's relatively easy to remedy.

I like the MSI board because I've had very good luck with them. I think Asrock has also been a solid board for AM4 systems though.

Last edited:
Reactions: seeking advice
Jun 8, 2022
The Asrock Taichi is a excellent motherboard, rock solid power delivery, good overclocker and all the features a premium motherboard has.
One advantage of the B550 is the price, you are getting a high end motherboard with a midrange chipset that offset some of the premium cost.

Thank you. I just saw that the regular taichi is sold out, i assume the razer edition isnt that much different. Might seem a bit "bloated" with the razer software... or if i dont install those i'll be fine?

Jun 8, 2022
It's very easy.... there are 4 LED's. 1 labeled CPU, 1 labeled VGA, 1 labeled RAM and 1 labeled BOOT. They will light in turn during POST as the respective sub-system is being initialized. If one fails, the boot process stops there with that LED glowing so you know where the problem is. It's really all an average user needs to know. A DR Debug display (the two digit readout) provides more information once you interpret the code, that's useful to extreme overclockers who're doing crazy things like warm starts before putting LN2 in the pot and want to know just how memory failed to initialize, for instance.

I don't know if you need...or even want... DP 1.4 since I'm not sure of all it's benefits. I know you really need to get a DP 1.4 capable cable too or it won't work, but that's relatively easy to remedy.

I like the MSI board because I've had very good luck with them. I think Asrock has also been a solid board for AM4 systems though.
Thank you. I will keep this in mind as i finish making up a decision whether to get Taichi or the MSI

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard needs:
Good brand
Supports 5700g
HDMI 2.0
DP 1.4
WiFi 6 + BT 5

Would like to have:
Debug LED code
Built in i/o shield

I'm looking for a motherboard that has both HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 so I can set up multi display, with built in wifi. Is there such a thing? Debug LED codes are a bonus. Aiming for a budget sub-250USD

I don't game, so graphics output are of my APU, a Ryzen 5700g. I prefer my refresh rates to be at least 100Hz.
Overclocking: RAM XMP is the only thing I will be enabling.

So far I've only found 2 motherboards that support all of the above:
ASRock B550 Taichi
EVGA x570 FTW WIFI (quite expensive)

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi

Thank you
Debug codes make little difference since most you can buy a 3 buck speaker for the board that gives beep codes.

logainofhades

Titan
Debug codes make little difference since most you can buy a 3 buck speaker for the board that gives beep codes.

That and many now have LED's for troubleshooting too. A $250 board is kinda overkill, for a 5700g.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: MEETOOT 2pcs PC Motherboard Mini Speaker Desktop Computer Case DIY Internal Code Mini Plug Beep Alarm Buzzer ($4.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $174.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-08 19:43 EDT-0400

Jun 8, 2022
That and many now have LED's for troubleshooting too. A $250 board is kinda overkill, for a 5700g.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: MEETOOT 2pcs PC Motherboard Mini Speaker Desktop Computer Case DIY Internal Code Mini Plug Beep Alarm Buzzer ($4.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $174.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-08 19:43 EDT-0400
I thought gigabyte wasn't a good brand?