AMD Now Has a Gaming Evolved Social/Tweaking App

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
My main steam account alone says I have 334 games, and only one is supported, Dota 2. I would say that pretty much says how badly supported this software is. And this is not including all the other games I own, none of which is also supported.

Beyond that I see no use in this when you have Facebook, Twitter, etc for all your social networking needs. And majority of the games I have owned have all have an "Optimize Settings" for your hardware you can click to try to get the best results, though it's a bit rough and requires some fine tuning I still think it would work better than what they are implementing.

Eisbrecher34

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
I don't see why there is any angst against this. It's not exactly the bees knees of news or releases, but it would be something I'd try if I ran AMD. I don't know how many people here have used Steam since it launched, but it had its bag of problems too. A lot of cheaper built gaming rigs usually run AMD so if you want to take the beginners curve out of getting your games to run for a start up gaming rig this might be a pretty usefull tool. Again, this doesn't scream "WOW, AWESOME!" to me, but at the same time it may end up being pretty interesting and usefull for AMD users.

michael908

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Amd knows what their customer wants. Being able to use a $400 video cards software to check the weather and go on Facebook. I guess that what a lot of people are doing when the attempt to use crossfire.

duplissi

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013

It is in beta, and they did specify that initially only a few games have profiles... do you honestly think that it will stay that way? The program is in beta and uses crowd sourced info to generate the profiles. shame on amd for not having the appropriate crowd sourced data before the product launched.... smh.

ajchavez91

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
AMD should just focus on their drivers instead of hoarding so much. fixing and throwing more driver optimization updates would definitely give them an advantage over nVidia.

ajchavez91

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

And sometimes they can't because of the lack of driver optimization and bug correction updates... really stupid from AMD... they are hoarders... that's why they don't surpass nVidia.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Glad to see AMD expand into a software expansion, something Nvidia currently has ahead of them. Geforce Experience is pretty good and I hope this is similar.

pavian

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012
I'm so confused. I want to run my games with optimized settings (i.e. because Prototype 2 is s*itty game and it's still crashing), so I upgraded my Catalysts and download AMD CAP too. I noticed the new Raptr application which I don't want. Since setup didn't mentioned Raptr but just AMD Gaming Evolved, I installed everything.

Please, How should I run games with optimalizations (from profiles)? ... I want to do it directly thru Steam, I don't need next running applications with popups and useless functions. Unsetting every feature and running it just for enabling profiles is nonsense too, better to buy Nvidia, where profiles are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.