AMD, Nvidia Release Graphics Drivers For Assassin's Creed Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.
4k and Crossfire related only...? Well, I am at 4k and with crossfire... thanks tom for the stupid comment: although fortunately they are CrossFire- and 4K-related, meaning they won't affect a great deal of end users.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
4k and Crossfire related only...? Well, I am at 4k and with crossfire... thanks tom for the stupid comment: although fortunately they are CrossFire- and 4K-related, meaning they won't affect a great deal of end users.
But it's the truth. Nobody likes being an outlier.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009

You're one of the rare of the rare then. Most people don't even have sli/crossfire, let alone 4k: making their statement correct.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I gotta ask based on a rumor I heard. I heard that they dumbed down the PC version of this game so it matches the PS4 version. Is that the case? If so, there will be a lot of pissed of PC gamers....

@turkey3_scratch:

Please, please tell me you're being a troll. If not, then I don't know what to tell you, aside from the fact that every game beyond pacman has required graphics drivers. In fact, many of them also require other software, such as direct x, physx, ect.

It's nothing new.

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I'm a 4K Xfire person too (290s). Sadly support for the highest end systems just doesn't seem to be a priority to AMD anymore. The amount of games that launch with lack of Xfire/SLI support now is astonishing. I've just gone and bought a 980 for my 2nd TV, controller gaming PC. So i will probably play Assassins creed on that anyway as its better suited to controller.

Of course they require direct x and graphic drivers, I am not dumb, but these are graphics drivers specifically built for the game rather than using your graphics driver you currently have installed. And you are wrong about Pacman because I do not own one PC game that required me to download a graphic driver specifically for that game.

G

Hmmm, this kind of worries me, it seems strange that they are rolling out a driver version for this game. Usually it seems driver updates come awhile after the game to boost performance or fix bugs found on certain architectures. Knowing Ubisoft's past, this leads me to think that they once again could not optimize the game properly and AMD and Nvidia are forced to fix that for them (See AC3 and 4 and Watch Dogs for recent examples) meaning it could be a buggy slice of crap on certain configurations. I hope I am just being paranoid though as I want this game, but Ubi is the only developer I seem to have issues with as far as running their games well. Are there any performance analysis reviews up yet??

xPandaPanda

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I am pretty sure that Unisoft worked it out with nvidia. Like, you know that "powered by Nvidia" intro thing? Yup. It's there when you load AC:U. So you people are saying it's strange that Nvidia probably had the game ahead of release so the drivers could be optimized for a smoother release (disregarding the Graphical bugs plaguing the game).

bradsctt

Distinguished
@turkey3_scratch
The driver is not specifically made for this game, nor is it required to make the game run, it just provides optimizations to give better performance. I didnt see rage like this when the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare driver was released a week ago, but its the same thing.

rauelius

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, but I have crossfire as well, so this would affect me too. Besides, Crossfire and SLI aren't too out of the question for an enthusiast. An SLI'd GTX970 is only $100 more than a single GTX980 and obliterates it in performance. I myself have Crossfired R9-270x's which both only cost me $270, and they outperform a single R9-290 for less money.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Tomfreak-

AMD didn't cut a deal with ubisoft for free dev rigs for this title. nV did. So who gets a months headstart or better on making drivers? That's right! Nvidia!
Now. How long does it take for MS to approve drivers? That's right! A long time!
So why is it a surprise that nVidia has a windows aproved driver and AMD doesn't when they didn't cut a deal with ubi on some SAAD approved parkour simulator?

I like when guys say you got to have the new drivers for this game to be supported or something , but you read the release notes and theres nothing stated on anything or like this deal that would do little to nothing for me as stated in the 2ed post above -- its all hype to cover there crap coded game

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Hey, c'mon, man! They're graphics cards manufacturers, not miracle workers!

Alex Vazquez

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
Speak for yourself. Most people don't post on Tom's. So we don't know the real truth behind the 4k or CrossFire people. I use Crossfire. 4k is around the corner for me and reading this makes me think twice about 4k, which sucks.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I got 4k set last month, I was going to get 1080p tv but it cost the same at the high end of 1080p. I love it. The price is coming down. I expect 4k sets to be out in force next year at lower prices.

I think it is kinder on the eyes. I think my eyes feel better. I might just have sensitive eyes.

The problem is that economy is shocking and so many folk are stuck with old hardware. There is your problem, the economy needs to create jobs that pay folk enough to be able to afford all this junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.