AMD + NVIDIA same PC question..

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
im looking to buy a used 1070 FTW from someone but i currently use 2 gpus, and am getting rid of them both to get the 1070 FTW.. im mostly using my 2nd gpu (non sli and both Nvidia) for 2 extra monitors cause i have 2 hdmi and 2 dvi monitors, so each gpu has 1 of each hooked to it, and i use my 2nd gpu to also run my stream encoding for twitch off of.
my question is has anyone used the 1070 ftw with an amd radeon 6850? the only other video card i have laying around at the moment to use for monitor and stream support. or do any of you know someone who has? i could suck it up and get rid of my other DVI monitor but if i dont have to i would love to leave it as for the time being. I know i need both respective drivers for the GPU's installed but is there a chance that it might not mix well? like is it possible the Nvidia gpu will try to use the AMD driver and/or visa versa?

thanks for the help

As long as you get the correct adaptors you are fine. Gpu stream encoding has to be done on the same card if you want to use that and barely has a performance impact. Running multiple screens on a card as barely has an impact.

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018

you can use a dedicated GPU for streaming. ive been using my 760 for streaming for about 4 months. i was just asking if the AMD gpu would try to get the Nvidia drivers or visa versa mostly