AMD or Intel. Please vote with honesty.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which do you support?

• AMD All the way!

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Intel All the way!

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • AMD now, Intel End of the year!

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Intel now, AMD End of the year!

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Maybe mods need to add an age requirement for joining the Forumz to stop fanKids...
There is, but it doesn't seem to work that well ... :(

Then we must have a test of sorts I suggest sperm counts, that always shows what male has more mature testicles and also proves they dropped.
what about women?

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Maybe mods need to add an age requirement for joining the Forumz to stop fanKids...

Then we must have a test of sorts I suggest sperm counts, that always shows what male has more mature testicles and also proves they dropped.
what about women?

I would suggest a writing test, but then that becomes kind of unfair to those who do not speak english natively but still are mature enough to be here. Maybe a chat session with a mod? Nah, that takes too much man power... Hmm we seem to be in a corner surrounded by starving tigers, lions, and gerbils. What to do, what to do.

gman01

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Which do you support now, and which would you support at the end of the year. Just trying to determine the bias of this forum and its users.

AMD won my loyalty the last 6 years with the athlon over the pentium.... So until Intel wins my loyalty back, I am sticking with AMD.... For Intel to win me back they are gonna have to be the clear winner with performance, price, and low power consistantly(not just for 6-12 month with conroe)....

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

what about women?

Silly goose women were made by our lord Jesus Christ for our pleasure, they aren't people.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006

what about women?

Silly goose women were made by our lord Jesus Christ for our pleasure, they aren't people.
not only for pleasure, but also to cook, wash, shop and other home-related stuff.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004

what about women?

not only for pleasure, but also to cook, wash, shop and other home-related stuff.

We aren't stereo-typing at all, are we? 8O

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
It'd be better if we launched them into the sun. That'd be cool.

i would pay to see that

I wonder how close to the sun they'd get before they spontaneously combusted? Do you think they would see the light?

like a million miles before u reach the sun , give or take a few hundred thousand miles

MatTheMurdera

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006

what about women?

Word.

pat

Expert
Where's the "I don't fucking care, I'm smart enough to buy the best for myself alone.. I don't need immature gay full of acnea fanboy to tell me what to do" option?

levicki

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
So, is someone who buys Ford and doesn't even want to hear about more economic, faster and more comfortable cars a fanatic? Or just someone who has character and who believes Ford is the best fit for his own style? Perhaps he is just acustomed to Ford engine and their always easy to find and install replacement parts? Maybe he is handy with tools and smart but still likes to stick with what he already knows? You can call that narrow-minded, but in that case it is better to be narrow-minded than stuck on a desert road with a deadline and a car you don't know how to fix.

I am a developer and I would never buy AMD because Intel does better job for me. You may say that I am a fanboy but I lack three crucial "qualities" of a typical fanboy -- I am neither stupid nor ignorant, nor I am trying to enforce my choice/POV on others.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I still wonder, why the hell do n00bs are those stupid questions? It's so idiotic. I wish all those n00bs would crawl in a hole, and sufficate themselves.

they have to up there post count somehow.

i go for the company with the best performance at the time i upgrade, but i dont plan on upgrading my CPU for atleast 3 years, and when i hit that mark it might be intel at the top or AMD, and i will choose then. i wont be buying conroe i would rather keep the computer i have at the moment, and just up the video card as needed over the years.

i really dont see why ppl are changing there brand new computers to go AM2 or conroe, can you show me a proggy that uses your processor 100%, (anybody that says prime95 will get a slap). at the moment theres only really oblivion game wise.

i do however see a point if you still have a socket A or old pentium, then conroe or AM2 is totaly worth it.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
So, is someone who buys Ford and doesn't even want to hear about more economic, faster and more comfortable cars a fanatic? Or just someone who has character and who believes Ford is the best fit for his own style? Perhaps he is just acustomed to Ford engine and their always easy to find and install replacement parts? Maybe he is handy with tools and smart but still likes to stick with what he already knows? You can call that narrow-minded, but in that case it is better to be narrow-minded than stuck on a desert road with a deadline and a car you don't know how to fix.

I am a developer and I would never buy AMD because Intel does better job for me. You may say that I am a fanboy but I lack three crucial "qualities" of a typical fanboy -- I am neither stupid nor ignorant, nor I am trying to enforce my choice/POV on others.

Then you aren't a fanboy. The point of the matter is the poll is poorly worded and put together. There is a distinct diffrence between fan boy and loyal customer, open mindedness. If intel does a better job for what you need, fine. No arguements here. If you want to buy an Intel when AMD has a better chip, fine as long as you acknowledge that AMD has a better proc (better is of course reletive, but go with me).

Personaly, I like Nvidia GPU's, but I acknowledge that ATI has the best card right now. I will continue to buy Nvidia's unless something goes wrong or ATI has a feature I need. Am I a fanboy? no, a loyal customer because I conceed that ATI is superior to Nvidia on some points. To me, that is the diffrence between a fan boy and a loyal customer. The way you speak leads me to believe (as you stated) that you are not a fan boy, but rather a loyal customer.

Loyalty is not to be moched but rather praised. Hope that clears up my definition, if not please feel free to challenge me.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I still wonder, why the hell do n00bs are those stupid questions? It's so idiotic. I wish all those n00bs would crawl in a hole, and sufficate themselves.

i go for the company with the best performance at the time i upgrade, but i dont plan on upgrading my CPU for atleast 3 years, and when i hit that mark it might be intel at the top or AMD, and i will choose then. i wont be buying conroe i would rather keep the computer i have at the moment, and just up the video card as needed over the years.

i really dont see why ppl are changing there brand new computers to go AM2 or conroe, can you show me a proggy that uses your processor 100%, (anybody that says prime95 will get a slap). at the moment theres only really oblivion game wise.

i do however see a point if you still have a socket A or old pentium, then conroe or AM2 is totaly worth it.

Acctually my proc is at 100% all the time when I boot up my game. I play lineage II and run 3 diffrent logs on the same computer, so I could benefit from the upgrade from Venice to Conroe. Will I? Doubtful, I just can't justify the huge expense while I am in college.

Not trying to belittle your point, but there are games/programs that will run a decent proc in to the ground. Just not many of them. 8O

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Sorry, but if you buy Fords without ever trying something else, or use an Intel chip without even trying an AMD, then you are a fanboy. What else can you call it? Brand loyalty? That equals fanboy. Just deal with it and press on. We are ALL fanboys in at least some aspects of our lives. So what, does it make you less of a human being? No. We are all entitled to our choices, so don't let the word fanboy rub you the wrong way. Fanboys are, however, unfortunate for those entering these forums seeking honest, good advice. They should refrain from giving advice with respect to their fanboyism as it may be detrimental to the person seeking advice. For example, there are quite a few people hanging around here who never recommend any board but Asus, any memory but Corsair, and any hard drive but a WD Raptor. Sorry, but that doesn't always work for everyone, and it's not always the best advice. So, in at least some respects, we are all fanboys, and it's not necessarily a bad thing for us; it just could be for someone else. By the way, I hate Ford as a company, and would walk before I owned another one. I'm not really an automobile fanboy, just an anti-Ford fanboy.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I would have voted for VIA but u didn't gave no chioce at all....

their new C7 rocks bad :? 8O :lol:

I just saw something about it: they always look good in specs but I'd wait to see some real testing thrown at it :lol: :lol: :lol:

levicki

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
@SuperFly03:

I agree with you because you seem to understand my point.

Sorry, but if you buy Fords without ever trying something else, or use an Intel chip without even trying an AMD, then you are a fanboy.

And you are sticking labels on people. In real life everything is not just black and white, there are many other choices inbetween.

Try to honestly answer this simple question:

Why would I even bother to try another car and waste my precious time to learn its quirks, change my driving habits, if I already know that the Ford does exactly what I need?

Reread this question few times until it (hopefully) sinks in.

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006

agreed....ty