AMD Overclocking Returns: Phenom X3 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
cool, im gonna go buy a motherboard/cpu/liquid nitrogen/a bunker then see if i can OC the little bastard..

OR..... i'll just root for the people that have the CPU, Go men GO! don't burn it out... cause if u do then wow, bummer right?

Claimintru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
The AMD only overclocking contests are an obvious ploy to placate the AMD fanboys who clog up the comments and forums with their constant whining. Lets face it

Tekkamanraiden

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Claimintru[/nom]The AMD only overclocking contests are an obvious ploy to placate the AMD fanboys who clog up the comments and forums with their constant whining. Lets face it[/citation]

Hey if it shuts them up for a bit who cares!

G

@the Intel fanboys in the comments section: Let's have an i7 OC contest, and watch that cold-bug cripple i7 to well below the AMD OCs. Then let's rationalize how there's victory in defeat.

Xenophage

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I got my AM3 720 up from 2.8ghz to 3.3ghz on the stock cooler with no voltage changes. 3.4ghz will run for a while but occasionally gives me errors. Eventually I'll get a nice cooler and mess with the voltage a bit, I know some people have gotten theirs up around 4ghz without much trouble.

I'm very happy with this CPU. Reminds me of the old Thunderbird Athlon days :) The 3-cores haul ass, too.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I think these liquid helium/nitrogen cool OC competitions are cool. The only thing i hate about it are the amd/intel fans that start bashing each other. "can't we all just get along!"

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
It would be more interesting to the average user of these forums if Toms tiered these overclocking competitions. Keep the overall winner and prize the same, but include honorable mentions or something cheapo like a gift certificate to NewEgg for lighter categories that are more accessible to hobby overclockers, water, air, or even *gasp* stock!!!

my 2c

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Status
Not open for further replies.