Question AMD Phenom 1055T Max supported RAMs?

Oct 10, 2022
Hi everyone!

The title is pretty self-explanatory. So I managed to get my hands on a workstation mobo that supports up to 32 GB of RAM, AM3/AM3+ socket. I also have a 1055t 95W CPU. My question is does it support 32GBs of RAM? I looked it up and it seems that it only supported up to 16GB. Also does it support ECC RAMs?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The title is pretty self-explanatory
Thread title; AMD Phenom 1055T Max supported RAMs?
+
I managed to get my hands on a workstation mobo that supports up to 32 GB of RAM, AM3/AM3+ socket.

You would need to mention the make and model of the motherboard to understand what your max ram support is/will be.

Oct 10, 2022
Looked up where?

If the motherboard supports 32GB of memory, the CPU will use it.

What specific motherboard are you referring to?
I swear to god there was this site like tech-powerup that said the max supported ram was 16G.

Which was odd I mean if the bus is 64bit the maximum addressing space should be 64G at least.

Oct 10, 2022

+
I managed to get my hands on a workstation mobo that supports up to 32 GB of RAM, AM3/AM3+ socket.

You would need to mention the make and model of the motherboard to understand what your max ram support is/will be.
Yea I'm sure the board supports up to 32G with 4 slots. But I was like, what if the CPU doesn't support it? And looked it up, turns out one site claim it only supports up to 16G, which struck me as really strange and I had to come here to ask.

Oct 10, 2022

+

BTW it supports ECC right?