[SOLVED] AMD Phenom II X4

Celavi

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Recently i bought Fujitsu brand-name PC. It has AMD Phenom II X4 945 on 3Ghz and 4gb of RAM. Which one is the most powerful processor in this series?

Solution
Recently i bought Fujitsu brand-name PC. It has AMD Phenom II X4 945 on 3Ghz and 4gb of RAM. Which one is the most powerful processor in this series?
Probably something like Phenom II X6 1055T....

But if your motherboard accepts it you might could go up to an FX8350. For that matter, even the X6 depends on BIOS support and if you have a Fujitsu brand PC it's most likely going to have very limited BIOS options.
Probably something like Phenom II X6 1055T....

But if your motherboard accepts it you might could go up to an FX8350. For that matter, even the X6 depends on BIOS support and if you have a Fujitsu brand PC it's most likely going to have very limited BIOS options.

Reactions: Celavi
Solution
FX series needs AM3+ socket. Phenom II is AM3. FX does not work on a AM3 board.
Many an AM3+ boards were made that handle both Phenom II and FX processors. So that's certainly a likely possibility... I have one.

@Celavi : look on top of the CPU socket, they usually have a mold mark in the plastic shell that tell you if it's AM3 or AM3+. But again, even if it has the right socket you'll still have to confirm you have BIOS provided by Fujitsu that supports it.

Last edited:
Many an AM3+ boards were made that handle both Phenom II and FX processors. So that's certainly a likely possibility... I have one.

@Celavi : look on top of the CPU socket, they usually have a mold mark in the plastic shell that tell you if it's AM3 or AM3+. But again, even if it has the right socket you'll still have to confirm you have BIOS provided by Fujitsu that supports it.

AM3+ motherboard support both. Not the opposite. AM3 does not support FX CPU's.