amd phenom x4 955 + GTX 970 + TITANFALL + benchmark?

Leetechx

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
I currently have a AMD phenom x4 955 (3.2 ghz) CPU, 16Gb of ram and a GTX 570. I just picked up Titanfall and i can barely run it at 1080p, sometimes the FPS even drops mid to low 30's :(

If i upgrade to a gtx 970 what would my FPS be at 1080p? Would all the settings be on the highest? If not what settings would not be?

Would it be more worth it too upgrade to an i7 4770k instead of the GTX 970? I heard i should just wait for DX12 and get an 8core AMD CPU....

What should i do?

Solution
The x4 955 would be good for a midrange GPU if it were overclocked to 3.8-4.0GHz or so. It's going to hold you back a bit with a high end GPU.

Also, some MMO's and certain game titles, usually older ones, are not well optimized for AMD's higher core counts. They run better on intel CPUs with lower core counts thanks to intel's better per core performance.

Consider what you play and how many cores your games can use before spending the extra $$$ on an intel rig. It's worth it if you will see 20-25% better gaming performance for the extra cost.

Having said all of that... Even a high end Intel rig will drop into the 30s-40s with a large zerg fight on screen. MMOs can be very crowded. Performance will depend on the number of...
The x4 955 would be good for a midrange GPU if it were overclocked to 3.8-4.0GHz or so. It's going to hold you back a bit with a high end GPU.

Also, some MMO's and certain game titles, usually older ones, are not well optimized for AMD's higher core counts. They run better on intel CPUs with lower core counts thanks to intel's better per core performance.

Consider what you play and how many cores your games can use before spending the extra $$$ on an intel rig. It's worth it if you will see 20-25% better gaming performance for the extra cost.

Having said all of that... Even a high end Intel rig will drop into the 30s-40s with a large zerg fight on screen. MMOs can be very crowded. Performance will depend on the number of people visible on screen, and how heavy the VFX and physics are.

Solution