AMD plans to release a 6 Core processor! Impressive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skywalker9952

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Thunder man thank you for the humor you bring to these forums. I always get a nice laugh out of you forum posts, keep it up despite all the haters out there.
AMD4life!

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Such lengths people go to flame AMD fanboys.
I never saw this during the AMD 64 days. It's indeed a sad state of affairs.
Honestly, I love flaming people, but I have better things to do.

@ the topic, sorry, but not so impressive, and this coming from an AMD fan.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Thats beacuse in the Athlon XP and A 64 days, it was the AMD fanboys flaming the Intel fanboys. And it was there, though the Intel fanboys seemed to be less defensive since they knew netburst was unabashed junk.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Wow, thunderman is good at making me laugh. Doesn't know jack about hardware though. Well, there's always that someone who insists he knows but doesn't, I suppose! :)

doomturkey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005

You are mistaken my friend. I have read that the six core is going on one die, or native like the current phenoms. The 12 core is going to be on two dies, which is two 6 core stuck together like intels current quads, in case you didn't know or understand.

Next time you might want to read deeper before you shoot off.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

turpit we all know you have a krunk AMD system......don't hide it. You won't list it because only dorks do that right............ :lol:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

You think this is funny, you should have seen the post where he "introduced" himself, down in the basement.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Ha, If I hadnt stupidly screwed up my beloved soyo mobo, Id still be running my Athlon 3200XP. And had AMD not been at capacity, with low yields on their high end products, and shorting the channel to supply Dell, and the retailers hadnt jacked the prices up, the 3200XP I screwed up would have been replaced by an X2 5000+.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

Hmmm you sound a little bitter.........I have an ECS Nforce2 MB in the garage if you are interested. ;) that would be perfect for your 3200+ XP.

endyen

Splendid

He's okay I guess, just not my type.
It would help if his "news" was a little more current.
Now AMD meltdown was a great troll. I especially liked his link that showed a duron frying. In the film, the hsf took off like a rocket.
The screen in the background said the duron was running at something like 6.4 ghz. That was too funny.
Why cant we get any really good amd trolls like that?

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Too late. It went on Ebay for $125...$6 more than I paid for it.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Oh cmon now....T man has picked up where 9-inch left off. We need someone to post out of date, incomplete, out of context info. Hell...maybe he is 9-inch

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

You know, I know you've said your an austrailian guy, with a wife and kids, but are you sure you arent really a chic? Youve been oscillating over AMD so much the past 2 months, its like youre PMSing

Harry-Plopper

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008

Intel for me

AMD4WIFE

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Nice Terascale reference Turpit.

BTW do you have any info on Intels Dunnington CPU? I read somewhere that it was to be a Naitive 6 core CPU to be released before Nehalem and possible a LGA775 part but info on it is sparse.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006

That was marketing spin to make up for the fact that you CANT double-cheeseburger K8 cores due to the way HT is implemented. From the get-go, there have been plans for multi-die Phenoms and Barcys.

yomamafor1

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
WOW....VERY IMPRESSIVE INDEED....NOT!

Newsflash: Intel announced native 8-core Beckton in 2007, which is scheduled to debut sometimes in 2009.

Seriously though, its hilarious to watch AMD to say one thing and do another. Back a while ago, AMD said it won't participate in the core count race, as Randy put it, "useless".

And now we see AMD announcing 6 core Istanbul and 12 core Magny-Cours.

What's next? AMD denouncing the war of "native cores", as Randy will probably puts it, "useless".

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
like 2 see amd doing well, or intel just duz things like this,
taken from fudzilla, pissed me off know end it has

We've learned that Intel is going to change its policy on overclocking once it moves away from the LGA775 platform onto the desktop Nehalem platform, which is currently known as Bloomfield, which uses the LGA1366 socket. This will be the only platform from Intel which will overclock in the future, as the company is not going to support overclocking on other platforms.

Below the Bloomfield is the Lynnfield and Havendale processors, both using the LGA1160 socket. Neither of these are likely to get any overclocking abilities, although we're not sure how Intel can prevent third-party motherboard manufacturers from adding overclocking features to their boards.

However, with most of the Northbridge being located inside the CPU of these models, it might be possible for Intel to make some changes as to what the BIOS can access and how the bus speed is controlled. If this is indeed the case, then this is very sad news for all enthusiasts, as it means that a huge group of users will never be able to afford to buy an overclockable platform, from Intel, that is.

It's early days as yet and Intel might change its stance on this, but we find it peculiar that they've decided on this move; but it's never easy to figure out the reason why Intel does something.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

Dude you can't claim to be a former AMD fanboy until you drop that AMD system. ;)

Now in my garage I have an old pentium 4 2.8 northwood and motherborad I could loan you then you could keep your title legit.

:D

I hate to see such a good guy go down the wrong path....................... :non: