AMD Posts Catalyst 13.12 WHQL Graphics Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Crossfire is still broken for the 290x. With it turned on, it garbles the audio in games. Only happens with vsync enabled so I assume they haven't figured out frame pacing yet. Been up on the AMD support forums and it's not just me. I haven't yet seen a release driver that works with the 290x in crossfire (they released the card using a beta driver.) Anyway it's time to start testing/benchmarking Radeons with the sound turned on, so they can't cheat. (The problem happens with onboard audio and external cards, I'm not sure about audio over hdmi)

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Out of curiosity, is it safe to update drivers directly by running the executable now? In the past, it'd cause issues, and was recommended to do a complete install (clean up old drivers then run new ones).

johnnyevil

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
really....is the 7970 card SOOOOOO old that there's nothing left to update on it? I guess AMD has got that thing mastered....

MM, I would assume its due to them getting the info, submitting it to the editor then waiting publication.

I agree though, THG should be faster. It's considered one of the largest tech sites out there. The reviews come fast enough but the news lags too much.

Still I love THG. Just want it to be the best there is.

I feel the same as you mate which is why I think it's time these questions are asked, I'm not holding my breath for a response though.

seinfeld

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Is anyone else having really long install times? im at 35 minutes (it is progressing) it happened with 13.12 as well so its installed the new driver its flickered, restored the video ect. now its moved onto installing the CCC and the indicator is at 75% and the bottom one is still cycling. hasnt hung up. the performance tab is showing its got CPU and memory allocation/ use. just taking fricking ages. have they snuck a bios update in as well or something??

seinfeld

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007

maybe try right clicking save as.
or are you navigating thru the menu? at downloads.amd.com? (unsure of real address)

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Not updating, sorry. I finally found a stable version (13.11 beta 6) and I'm sticking with it for now. I've been burned by two 13.xx updates already, not going to let it happen again.

dsolom3

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Been running it since yesterday, and on an HD-7850, no less. A quick check by anyone (including the writer of this asinine article saying that only Rx-series are supported) on AMD's own website (I know, original research takes time, which sucks) shows that the driver works for all GPUs from HD5K to current. Why is everyone complaining because they can't check and take the word of an author for absolute truth like Jesus' word?

Status
Not open for further replies.