AMD Prepping Triple, Quad Core Mobile CPUs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xpslover007

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I'm not too excited, considering their current dual cores are no match to intels other than the fact that they're cheaper systems.

ptroen

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I wonder if these will be put in netbooks. I can envision making cheap racks of servers using netbooks. A very turnkey solution. :)

G

I am just curious about whether or not the danube processors will ship this month or in June 2010? First half of this year is obviously within the first 6 months, but if that means they'll come out by then remains to be seen. Internet sites and computer companies are still quiet about news of these new processors. I am interested in purchasing a laptop for school this fall but really don't want to spend what Intel is charging for their i5's and i7's since those are the only current offerings for gaming. The i3 is not worth mentioning on that front. You won't find most computers with the i7 below 1000 with the one notable exception being the dv6-2190 from HP(I think that's the right model no.)I hope AMD doesn't wait past mid summer to release these 'danube' products or I'll be forced to go with the Intels. The hottest gaming rig I've seen so far has been the Asus G73JH from best buy. I just hope the Black Edition quad core comes out from AMD with the same 5870 card or maybe even a 5900 or 6000! One stigma I have is that I wnat a laptop with a dedicated video card and it has to be an ATI card. I've had too many issues with Nvidia's cards although if the 480 comes out(and it won't be cheap) maybe I'd get an AMD system with that. Although, the 480 GTX alone would break the bank and will take awhile for a mobile version to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.