AMD quad core vs Intel quad core

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

keithlm

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2007

Hey STOP TALKING LIKE THAT!

(Or you will lose the Intel Fanboy status that you always claim not to have.)

The current Intel fanboy handbook says to obfuscate those results and ignore the fact that the Q6600 does not have a superior lead anymore. Intel fanboys are supposed to ignore simple facts and play the "AMD just can't compete" card even when the results are do not support the position. (Pages 343-346: Intel FanBoy Handbook: Decoded)

ROFL. I love you Keith.

AMD can compete, AT THAT PRICE POINT (and lower). However, if you need more performance AMD doesn't have options for you. Also, don't forget who is making more money at that price point, no doubt Intel with it's cheaper "double cheeseburger" design (that still performs).

So yes, AMD is competitive on those benchmarks at that price point. Is it profitting? Probably not, or if they are, it is a slim margin.

kbrew929

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
I hope someone can help. Here is my system:
E6750, Abit IP35 Pro, 1 IDE Connection, 6 SATA, Crucial Ballistic 2048 MB, ATI Radion HD 2600 Pro,
HP DVD+-R/RW DL IDE, LiteOn DVD +-R/RW DL IDE, ViewSonic VA2226w, Windows XP Home SP3, all drivers current including BIOS

I have been very happy with my system EXEPT for the fact that I can only use 1 DVD at a time. (1 must remane unplugged) With both drives connected they will read, rip, but not burn. I have spent many an hour researching this problem, including removing Roxio and Nero, using an adapter to send one drive to SATA, checking cables, etc. Abit is no help- they offer basic troubleshooting help or risky RMA. I finally, out of frustration, took my case to Best Buy and let them try. They were also unsuccessful. I have come to the conclusion that it must be a IDE controller issue. Am I offbase? Anyone else experienced anything like this? Love to hear from you. Please let me know what additional info you need. Thanks in advance....
Kyle
k_brew929@yahoo.com

kbrew929

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
PS After successfully posting my questioned I realized I was not on the right topic page. Rookie mistake. Please do not be bothered that I am off topic. However if you can help...

That's messed up.

Is this cable select or master/slave? 'Black' is master on your cable, right?

Have you reviewed/manipulated all the recording settings under the OS drive properties?? If you can read from each - maybe Windoze is conflicted on drive recording/drive image ???

Good luck --- let us know how you figure it out.