AMD R9 390 Issue (DirectX/Drivers) Help Please.

Ryan2897

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
Hi,

SPEC:
i5-4690k @3.5 Ghz
16GB RAM
AMD R9 390

I have been trying to play battlefield 4 recently on this PC and i had the error come up about DXGI_Device_Error_Hung so i followed the steps i have seen on here about navigating to the BF4 folder and then going into the _installer sub folder then running the DXSETUP followed that through the instillation with no problems then when i went to play games that then previously worked like FIFA 16 on top settings i cant now play them and when I try to it will crash, stuck on screen and i have to reboot the computer because its frozen as well as the same thing happening with BF4 i can load it up but then when i go to play it then it will get stuck and the screen will say no signal detected and ill have to reboot the computer. And now it will crash every so often under normal use like just browsing the internet.

Hope you can help,

Ryan.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

power supply make and model?

Ryan2897

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Here is a picture with all the info on it that you needed:
http://imgur.com/z2bJAVk

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

aerocool unit, right away starts the alarms

test your system with a good 650w power supply

or you can test your card in another system with a good power supply

Ryan2897

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

i dont think its the power supply as my brother has an identical build in every way interns of hardware so i believe its software related as his works fine on top settings with no issue.

jtk2515

Distinguished
Here is a guide on how to find your CPU/GPU temp and useage
http://www.overclock.net/t/1229915/how-to-cpu-and-gpu-usage-along-with-fps-in-game

If your temps are good I would reinstall windows with fresh drivers. Then go from there. As of now with out more information it's about impossible to diagnose the problem.

Could be .
Overheating CPU
Overheating GPU
BAD PSU
BAD HHD
Windows problems.

Just do the easiest things 1st to start ruling out problems. Cheers

Ryan2897

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

I ruled out HHD because its a new one that i swapped in to test that and then i reinstalled windows on that and it had exactly the same problems i cant test the CPU and GPU when gaming if thats what you mean because its crashes before i have the chance and ill be testing out the PSU later today.