[SOLVED] AMD Radeon HD 7850 upgrade

May 22, 2020
Hiya

I currently have the above graphics card in my PC however I want to upgrade it as I play cod and other games and it just isnt up to scratch.

I have been doing ALOT of research however Im at a loss of how far I can upgrade before I have to start upgrading other componets.

Can anyone please advise on what upgrade could be a option...

Here are the specs of my PC:

Atrix expert 600W Power supply
Intel Core i7-3770 Quad Core CPU @ 3.4GHz (3.9GHZ Max Turbo Speed)
Asrock H67M-GE 1155 Motherboard
12GB Kingston DDR3 Ram @ 1333Mhz (Overclocked to 1600Mhz)
Powercolor HD7850 1GB DDR5 Passively cooled silent graphics card.

Solution
just get a new gpu.

i wouldn't pair anything higher than an rtx 2060 or rx 5600 with your cpu though.

any component you want to upgrade to other than the gpu will be a new computer.

the mobo, cpu and ram are all tied. any change to them (aside from adding more ram which seems unnecessary) will be needed to upgrade together.
psu too probably since putting an aging psu with a new system is just.. not the kind of fun you want.

you cpu is good enough for just gaming, and paired with a low-mid end gpu like the 1660 super will be really good.
just get a new gpu.

i wouldn't pair anything higher than an rtx 2060 or rx 5600 with your cpu though.

any component you want to upgrade to other than the gpu will be a new computer.

the mobo, cpu and ram are all tied. any change to them (aside from adding more ram which seems unnecessary) will be needed to upgrade together.
psu too probably since putting an aging psu with a new system is just.. not the kind of fun you want.

you cpu is good enough for just gaming, and paired with a low-mid end gpu like the 1660 super will be really good.

Solution