AMD Radeon R7 M265 Overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdonosFlew

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
So i want to overclock my AMD radeon R7 M265. First of all i know it's not the best idea to overclock it, because it could cause overheating and some other problems, but i don't care about those problems, i want to try it.

My specifications are:
- I7 4510U
- 16GB Ram
- AMD Radeon R7 M265

I've searched for advice before i wrote this thread. They said i have to disable ULPS, enable unofficial overclocking in msi afterburner by writing in the cfg file the eula thing or try the leshcat driver, etc.

So now i'm here with the latest Leshcat driver (15.7) and i have an msi aafterburner with enabled unnoficial overclocking. My GPU's deafault clocks are 980 core mhz and 900 memory mhz. I want to change them to 1050/1175.

The problem is that i have switchable gpu (R7 M265 and intel hd graphic) and if my integrated gpu (intel hd graphic) is enabled i can't change the mhz values in msi afterburner further than my default values(980/900).However, if i disable my integrated gpu (intel hd graphic) in device manager i can change the core and memory clock values in msi afterburner to 1050/1175 but when i hit "apply" the Mhz values go back to zero. Any advice?

Please help me, because trying to overclock my gpu is making me crazy...

Solution
If all this not working you most likely have Bios lock.
Removing it is theoretical possible but you lose warranty when you do this.
During swapping for modified bios you can brick laptop.
I highly not recommend this.
You can try this :)

look to :
C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static and find here CCC.exe and run it
Or type CCC in windows start menu :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.