[SOLVED] AMD Radeon R9 280 dual x

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brencicmiodrag82

Reputable
Aug 31, 2018
I bought used r9 280 last year for a cheap prize. That time I had only 400w PSU so when I tried to play games they would automatically freeze or crash (after freezing 5min or so).
Many of you guys told me to buy new PSU and it will fix issue. I finally bought new 650w PSU, installed new drivers adreno 2020, but issue is still present. Every game I tried to play
PES 2020, Rocket League, Naruto SUNS4, even old games such as TMNT 2003 they started so well without any lags or something and why it gets to certain point when I should start playing every game freeze, says stop working (task manager), or I even get notification from drivers (Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure) {I tried to downscale performace}. Rocket League freeze and then after 15sec it unfreeze for about 2sec and do the same thing over and over. I tried to press button on graphic card but when I do that PC wont turn on (just restart booting up) and monitor doesnt give any signal. Also downscalling preformance isnt possible pc restore them to default as soon I click save changes. I undrestand that this graphic card is problem by it self but can I fix this issue? I have old graphic card that works fine but it is so low (1gb vram). I dont have money for new one but I have time to try to fix it, if it is even possible. Sorry for bad English.

TRENDING THREADS