[SOLVED] AMD Radeon R9 290 overheating & artifacting

Elemental91

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
For the past few months I've noticed that my fans are being extremely loud while playing games.
After using SpeedFan I've discovered that my GPU fans are the noisy ones, and I also saw that my GPU is on a constant 94 degrees whenever I play, well, anything really.

Stuff like CS:GO, CoD MW2, Civ V, Overwatch and probably more games that I simply forgot to mention.

Now, I've kinda accepted this as normal, even though it scares me, but lately I've noticed some artifacting going on as well, when I play CS:GO and Modern Warfare 2 (So far only on these games, and only every now and then)

I've replugged the GPU several times after dusting it as best I can, but I can't really reach everywhere, though it seems I got most of it.

Now, what I am looking for here is any and all ideas to prevent my GPU from reaching a constant 94 degrees, because that doesn't seem healthy to me.

Here's some specs, and a screenie of the GPU temperature and fans in action, while playing some Modern Warfare 2 on normal graphic settings.

jrdy2Eu.png

Vk3V48P.png

M91VTIO.png