News AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT 3DMark Score Leaks: Faster Than GeForce RTX 3090 Ti

If true, it would make the 3090ti look even dumber than what it is.

That being said, I'll just wait for reviews and see if I get this or wait for the next gen to replace my 6900XT for VR stuff.

Regards.

Reactions: artk2219

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Hope it's not too much TDP increased, but this is promising not just for regular games, but as an alternative to pro cards if they're more available.

That is, unless you require CUDA use.

vasthegreat

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
I'll believe in when I see it. Every time new AMD cards are about to be released there's always this slew of articles claiming they will be faster than the current Nvidia top dog, then that speed never materializes in the consumer cards.

If you tuned them both down to the point they are just about smoking with a 1200 watt psu, im sure the 3090ti comes out on top, there are far more resources available..... unless AMD secretly updated the cache speed.

If you tuned them both down to the point they are just about smoking with a 1200 watt psu, im sure the 3090ti comes out on top, there are far more resources available..... unless AMD secretly updated the cache speed.
Making infinity cache perform better ? This is not trivial when done outside the driver. It would be interesting to test the RX6900 with early drivers then with the latest beta ones, and see the difference - +10% from drivers, +7% from clock speed + throughput would make a lot of sense, actually.
Not that I would care, as I'm running open source drivers - even a 6 years old card (RX480 8 Gb, reference + 3rd party cooler, no voltmod) keeps getting performance optimizations, so much so that I really am under no pressure to replace it other than the fact it might give up the ghost before then.
I'd also really much like to crank up the framerate @1440p a bit higher, but I'm not ready to spend twice the amount my current one cost me back then simply to gain 20 fps.
And no Nvidia for me - on Linux, their drivers are crap nowadays.

Reactions: spentshells
Making infinity cache perform better ? This is not trivial when done outside the driver. It would be interesting to test the RX6900 with early drivers then with the latest beta ones, and see the difference - +10% from drivers, +7% from clock speed + throughput would make a lot of sense, actually.
Not that I would care, as I'm running open source drivers - even a 6 years old card (RX480 8 Gb, reference + 3rd party cooler, no voltmod) keeps getting performance optimizations, so much so that I really am under no pressure to replace it other than the fact it might give up the ghost before then.
I'd also really much like to crank up the framerate @1440p a bit higher, but I'm not ready to spend twice the amount my current one cost me back then simply to gain 20 fps.
And no Nvidia for me - on Linux, their drivers are crap nowadays.
Also your sig... that there is a code 15... approximately 15 inches between the computer and the problem.

My reference 6900 XT (slightly OCd, no fancy cooling) gets within spitin' distance of the 6950 XT leaked Time Spy score and over its leaked Port Royal score.

When the 6900 XT was initially released I think AMD purposely underrated its performance so they could easily come out with a half-gen refresh that beats those original 'low' performance numbers.

I'll believe in when I see it. Every time new AMD cards are about to be released there's always this slew of articles claiming they will be faster than the current Nvidia top dog, then that speed never materializes in the consumer cards.
Really? Can you share some of the links where the supposed speed never materialized?
I've seen plenty of benchmarks that place the 6900 XT over the RTX 3090. I've also seen ones that put the RTX 3090 on top.

As with most things in life, the answer to the question of, "which is faster?" is "it depends."