News AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT, RX 6750 XT, and RX 6700 XT GPU faceoff: Battle of the current and previous gen 12GB graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to upgrade from a RX 6700 XT to RX 7800 XT, but currently I'm not gaming as much as I used to and I don't see the point. At the moment the RX 6700 XT is perfect for what I'm doing with my rig.
on your rig I would go 5800X3D + 7800XT but only do it when the need is there.

Sounds like you are fine right now.

Reactions: Dr3ams

Mattzun

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
I'm pretty happy with the 6700xt and 5800x for 1440p gaming.
Most of the games I play don't seem to get a major benefit from ray tracing, so NVidia isn't really a viable choice.

If I didn't have the a 6700XT, the 7700XT would be interesting
There have been a couple of bundled games that I would probably buy and that would bring the total price close to that of a 6750.

I'm pretty happy with the 6700xt and 5800x for 1440p gaming.
Most of the games I play don't seem to get a major benefit from ray tracing, so NVidia isn't really a viable choice.

If I didn't have the a 6700XT, the 7700XT would be interesting
There have been a couple of bundled games that I would probably buy and that would bring the total price close to that of a 6750.
Though as long as they are available… as opposed to the 7700xt, if you were gpu shopping, one consideration would be the 6800 non xt. If they are still available and reasonable. A few months back it seemed you could get one under $400 but that may have changed.

DavidLejdar

Respectable
Sep 11, 2022
There are currently two overlapping promos running. One promo is for purchasing RX 7700 XT or RX 7800 XT, with two games out of four (Starfield, Avatar, CoH3, Lies of P). The other promo comes with Unknown 9: Awakening and Space Marine II.

And here, a retailer nearby has the Sapphire Pure Radeon RX 7700 XT FROSTPUNK 2 Edition in stock, which comes also with Frostpunk 2 Deluxe - all at a discounted price of 419 Euro (that is including 19% VAT).

If I had an older GPU, I'd go for it. But with the current GPU, the upgrade does not seem that worth it... Then again, with newer games at 1440p, it starts to look as falling behind, and my Pico 4 could do with more GPU performance, and maybe I could sell it, and go e.g. with a RX 7800 XT (or RX 7900 GRE at similar price point) and just stick mostly with 1440p for longer, instead of planning to splash out easily more than 1,500 on proper 4K GPU plus screen... But then again, I still have a bit of backlog for fall and winter, until next gen... But then again, what will the price point of next gen be, and do I really want to go 4K, while current gen can already do 100+ FPS at 1440p (and with no new console in the near future, game devs might not be pushing the ultra settings much)... And then there is also the thing about 7800X3D bringing 63 more FPS (with a RTX 4090) - and maybe 9000 series will beat that, perhaps even at a lower cost than an upgrade to RX 7800 XT, and CPU upgrade might be better in the first place, in terms of raw FPS, however weird that might seem, that a CPU upgrade could beat out a GPU upgrade...

not a mention to rdna4 ?
No such GPU in the public yet, to run benchmarks on, until 2025 apparently.

Reactions: jackt
I only pay the price for the 4060ti because the power needs.
My cpu eats 5w / 10w and gpu 80w / 110w
on the wall the system with monitor goes max 190w
No heat and no noise... fan cpu running 4xx rpm and gpu some times spin =)

Some times I want a ITX motherboard and ddr5 to see if droops some watts
some games with igpu can male 1w/fps with nvidia 2w/fps

Status
Not open for further replies.