Question AMD Radeon XFX LOW PROFILE RX 6400 4GB GDDR6

graywolfthegreat

Honorable
Mar 13, 2018
I have a Compaq HP Ellite 8300 SFF. It has a i5-3470 CPU, currently gtx 1030 GPU, 16 GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD. I bought a AMD Radeon XFX LOW PROFILE RX 6400 4GB GDDR6 Grapics card. I would like to know if my computer would be compatible with this card, like not over heat, because I have a 250W PSU.

these cards normally recommend a minimum 350w power supply

would like to know if my computer would be compatible with this card, like not over heat
that would depend on the design of the case and the airflow throughout.

without efficient cool air intake and warm air exhaust the heat can become overwhelming for the system.

Solution

graywolfthegreat

Honorable
Mar 13, 2018
these cards normally recommend a minimum 350w power supply

that would depend on the design of the case and the airflow throughout.

without efficient cool air intake and warm air exhaust the heat can become overwhelming for the system.
I've seen posts before telling me that a 250w power supply would be alright. But i don't know if its true or not. i'll just have to upgrade it, what kind of power supply do you think i need to get, like the model number or brand name and price?

what kind of power supply do you think i need to get, like the model number or brand name and price?
there are many nice options available.
what is an option for you would depend on where you reside and where you may shop.

there's a few good threads here at Tom's related to power supply choices; examples: