Question AMD RAID Xpert2, RAID 0, new Motherboard and Win10 Install

May 22, 2020
I know the topic may be a little confusing, but please read carefully, I will give all the information I have here.

System: Ryzen 9 3900x, Crosshair VII HERO Wi-Fi, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe (System drive), 4x10TB Seagate Exos (RAID 0 Array using AMD RAID Xpert 2 with Motherboard built-in RAID)

So, yesterday, my Motherboard decided to take a dive on me. I decided to upgrade the Motherboard and Processor while I was at it. For reference I went from an MSI x470 Gaming Pro with a Ryzen 7 2700x to an Asus ROG Crosshair VII HERO Wi-Fi (also x470) with a Ryzen 9 3900x.

Upon upgrading, I was able to boot successfully into windows, I checked the Array, all was well, everything was there and it worked flawlessly. However the system was running a bit unstable, so having been satisfied with the progress so far, I decided I may as well just start off fresh and I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro.

When I got back into Windows, the array was gone, I can still see the drives, and it doesn't matter if I go into BIOS and choose AHCI or RAID (although with RAID it shows "failed" in the Disk Management, and with AHCI it shows them as 4 separate drives with a bunch of unallocated space but equal-sized partitions on each of them. One of the partitions on each drive holds some data).

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.

May 22, 2020
Install the AMD Sata Raid driver?

So, I did, but, I still get "Other devices">"Unknown Device" when RAID is enabled in the BIOS. Right-clicking and update driver does not find a compatible driver, and installing the driver package directly, or through ASUS Grid seems to have no effect.

However AMD-RAID Bottom Device (not sure what Bottom Device is/means) is present under Storage Controllers.

Edit: Actually, by manually searching for driver and pointing it at the folder that has the drivers/executables in it, it seems to have fixed it! I dunno why I didn't think about this before, thank you for your help, it was the push in the right direction I needed :-D

TRENDING THREADS