News AMD Raise the Game Bundle Redemption Period Begins

InvalidError

Titan
I always view these promos as "our GPUs are overpriced and we don't want to lower MSRPs, so let us tack on games we can bulk-license for $10-15 a pop to keep hosing the $50-400 markups down customers' throats for a while longer."

Looking at Canadian prices for the Pulse RX6600. It has dropped from $560 in April to $380 now. If that decline keeps up, I may be tempted to get one for sub-$300 in July.

Last edited:

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
I always view these promos as "our GPUs are overpriced and we don't want to lower MSRPs, so let us tack on games we can bulk-license for $10-15 a pop to keep hosing the $50-400 markups down customers' throats for a while longer."

Looking at Canadian prices for the Pulse RX6600. It has dropped from $560 in April to $380 now. If that decline keeps up, I may be tempted to get one for sub-$300 in July.

Most of the time I'm not interested in the game anyway, I can not remember when I did play the game that came bundled with hardware). I would just like the hardware to be cheaper.

InvalidError

Titan
Most of the time I'm not interested in the game anyway, I can not remember when I did play the game that came bundled with hardware). I would just like the hardware to be cheaper.
I had the choice of one of three games when I got my GTX1050. The only one of the three that was of any interest to me was Redout, likely the cheapest of the three. I played the base game for a decent number of hours, then bought a few track pack bundles in the 2020 holidays sale which I haven't tried in any meaningful manner yet.

Reactions: thisisaname