[SOLVED] AMD ram with intel

Apr 20, 2021
Hi!
Just bought a G.skill ram for my Intel pc but when the ram arrived I saw that this ram made for mainly AMD system.
On the website, I found my MB and it was compatible with the ram but I am not sure.The product is a G.skill Trident Z neo F4-3600 C18D (2x16) 18-22-22-42
I have an ASUS Tuf Z590 plus wifi motherboard and an Intel i7 11700K cpu
Is that mean it will be less effective?
Will the difference be noticeable?
What do you think about it?

Solution
Hi!
Just bought a G.skill ram for my Intel pc but when the ram arrived I saw that this ram made for mainly AMD system.
This is just marketing. RAM labeled for both Intel and AMD systems are still made to conform to JEDEC standards.
Now, it's possible certain sticks with certain timings work well with a given AMD system but this in no way implies that it will work horribly (or not at all) with an Intel system.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi!
On the website, I found my MB and it was compatible with the ram but I am not sure.The product is a G.skill Trident Z neo F4-3600 C18D (2x16) 18-22-22-42
I have an ASUS Tuf Z590 plus wifi motherboard and an Intel i7 11700K cpu
Is that mean it will be less effective?
Will the difference be noticeable?
What do you think about it?
Their not really AMD and Intel memory their made the same.

Hi!
This is just marketing. RAM labeled for both Intel and AMD systems are still made to conform to JEDEC standards.
Now, it's possible certain sticks with certain timings work well with a given AMD system but this in no way implies that it will work horribly (or not at all) with an Intel system.

Solution