AMD Refreshes its Never Settle Forever Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
AMD has to do better than that. Nvidia only offers upcoming AAA games, sometimes AA games and this is for almost all their models ranging from the 600-700 series. AMD only offers their gold tier for their enthusiast and high-end cards and even then you don't receive new games. I mean this gold list is pretty nice but not awesome. MY opinion don't hail me with hate

ykki

Honorable
As before, AMD has split the goodies into three tiers: Gold, which provides three free games (R9 295X2, R9 290 and R9 280); Silver, which provides two free games (R9 270, R7 260); and Silver, which provides one free game (R7 250, R7 240).

I think you mean bronze as platinum era said

anthony8989

Distinguished
AMD has to do better than that. Nvidia only offers upcoming AAA games, sometimes AA games and this is for almost all their models ranging from the 600-700 series. AMD only offers their gold tier for their enthusiast and high-end cards and even then you don't receive new games. I mean this gold list is pretty nice but not awesome. MY opinion don't hail me with hate

If you don't spend at least $170 Nvidia won't give you anything ! Lol

Sep 22, 2013

If you don't spend at least $170 Nvidia won't give you anything ! Lol

If you don't spend at least $170 you probably can't play any of these games, anyway.

I agree, AMD needs to do better. Just Cause 2 is a great game, Thief is debatable, but the rest pretty much suck and/or are WAY too old to persuade most people.

Between my two GTX 770s I got Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

From my two 7870s, I got Dirt 3 (sucks after like an hour, but admittedly fun for a racing game; extremely repetitive though), Sleeping Dogs (this game is terrible - it looks like PS2 and the game play is basically 3D Street Fighter with fewer moves) and Deus Ex (not bad, but not great and looks *exactly* the same as it did on Xbox 360). Just Cause 2 wasn't offered at the time but I did get FC3, which was a pretty good offer although they also separately offered FC3 Blood Dragon which is a $15 game on it's own - hardly a value add.

The downside to Nvidia's offering is that you don't chose the games, but the upside is that doesn't matter because they're great games. The upside to AMD is the choice, but the downside is most of those choices suck.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
These choices are kind of disappointing. PayDay 2, Dirt 3, Sleeping Dogs, Tombraider and Just cause 2 are the only ones I would go for. The thing is, these are very common Steam Sale titles. I could easily get these 5 games for <$25

I got to give Nvidia a hand for offering brand-new titles, but AMD for attempting to give variety.

Overall though, never base your graphics card purchase on some "free game" gimic.

Hardly. A 250X or 260X will deliver very playable rates for ~$120. Will you max out details? No. Can you set them on med-high and have a nice 40fps experience? Certainly.

Game quality is of course subjective. Even if I don't like something, it doesn't mean someone else won't get genuine enjoyment out of it. And even "old" games can be very persuasive. I, and most gamers I personally associate with, can't afford to buy every game I/we may want when it first comes out. And I know I don't have time to play everything I'd like when it's first available either. I can see quite a few people that might see these options and think, "I wanted to play that, but never had the time or money. Now that it's a 'freebie' with the card, I want to finally try it out."

And really, what is everyone complaining about? These are coming more or less free with the card. Even if it's not the latest/greatest OhMy$#!!!, I MUST HAVE THESE TITLES!!11!, you're still getting some added value here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts