AMD Releases Catalyst 12.1 Preview Drivers with Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hope there is a ambient oclusion box there to check for skyrim

Cormag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I hope this version will allow me to play RAGE again. I had to go back to 11.10 with the rage patch. When I tried 11.11 it hosed everything up and made RAGE unplayable again.

[citation][nom]xX_PEMDAS_Xx[/nom]Only for 5xxx and 6xxx cards.. no support for 4xxx..[/citation]

Thats just the previews, they always support only the latest. I am sure the final driver will support the HD4XXX series.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Dang just when I finally got my settings with 11.11c all groovy for Skyrim. I don't see anything about improving CrossfireX performance on Skyrim with 5900 series cards, only 6900. Hopefully that will show up in the final version.

tmk221

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Thats just the previews, they always support only the latest. I am sure the final driver will support the HD4XXX series.[/citation]

yeah but I wouldn't expect any performance gains for 4xxx series and older

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If they start to release game profiles for this then I think this is a great update. If this just gives me a way to save and easily apply tweaks that need applied to make certain games (skyrim/rage it seems from other commentators) work right then this update is the suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.