AMD Releases Catalyst 12.1; Previews Catalyst 12.2 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fausto412

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
both sets of drivers caused me a weekend of problems last weekend. make you you image your drive or set a restore point and boot disk. that is what saved me.

system would hang on shutdown creating errors.

gbean02

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Another denial of my dream of Steam, or Photoshop, or Fruity Loops, or a dozen other programs working in HydraGrid. What a worthless feature.

PrimalGecko

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Drivers were installed without a hitch two days ago. everything's been running fine as it was prior to the new driver.

I'm always skeptical about using preview drivers, so will wait until their testing process is complete and they release them at the end of February.

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
"Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations will occur automatically when physically plugging/un-plugging displays"

It’s been doing this for years and I want it to STOP! I do not want my windows all mess up because I turn a monitor on or off. I have my PC hooked up to a TV and when I turn it on it randomly changes my screen res to match. Sometimes when I set it to match the TV first it will set it to my normal profile that is not even compatible. I just want to go back to the good old days when I could turn off my monitor and not have my windows and desktop get all moved around. Were talkin’ Night Court (Fifth season) LAME!

gbean02

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
What is up with the hide message, thumbs down but no rebuttal? Tomshardware trolls or AMD engineers are trolling hard. :p
Another denial of my dream of Steam, or Photoshop, or Fruity Loops, or a dozen other programs working in HydraGrid. What a worthless feature that could be so much more.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations will occur automatically when physically plugging/un-plugging displays

sweet. i've been wondering when they put this sort of functionality in. I have a large array of different and identical screens that i switch between depending if i'm coding or gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS