AMD Releases Catalyst 13.4 WHQL Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the 13.5 beta 2 right now and I can confirm that the stutter in FC3 has GREATLY decreased on my HD7950. About *%!#@%! time! I played last night online for about 3 hours and was able to increase my in game settings and did not need to use the RadeonPro tool to smooth out the frames. http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_5_beta_2_download.html

IMPORTANT: Uninstall your current drivers first and use atiman uninstaller, or driver sweeper to clean out the leftover files before installing the 13.5 beta 2 driver. Others have had issues that didn't take these steps, according to the posts in the Guru3d forums.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
@marcolorenzo: I can't see why that'd be the case - they don't specify that the 7000-series is the only one to get the improvements, and they even state that these drivers work for their IGPs (which, currently, are based on the 6900-series' VLIW4 architecture). I imagine those still on previous-gen hardware will be fine.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
@mousseng: Thanks for the reply. I just installed the drivers on my Windows 8 64-bit with a Radeon HD 6990M and for some reason, my Metro apps are not launching anymore. They'd open for a couple of seconds on the splash screen and then go back to the Start screen. The first party apps seem to be working still (excepts for Maps) but everything else are not. This has happened before when I installed the 13.2 Beta drivers but after I reverted back to 13.1, it was fine again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
"Hitman Absolution: Resolves application issues when running application at 1680x100 with 8xAA enabled"
When are us 3360x200 runners gonna get some respect???

bidomo

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
I don't know if anyone else is having trouble with OpenCL HWD Acceleration, but when I was on 13.3, had good encoding times with handbrake SVN, now, instead of getting good times, it multiplied the encoding time by a x4 factor... anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.