News AMD Releases FSR Plugin For Unreal Engine 4 Developers

Oh, this is... Good?

Yes, I think it is. Heh. Now AMD just needs to convince all games already built and about to go out of support to use it :D

Well, bad sarcasm aside, there's plenty games using UE4 actively, so this is definitely interesting.

Also, there were some engines with their own internal upscalers, weren't there? Wasn't UE5 one of them? Am I remembering incorrectly? So, would they just add this in UE5 as well?

Regards.

Yes, I think it is. Heh. Now AMD just needs to convince all games already built and about to go out of support to use it

you mean existing game? if that's the case most game developer probably not going to bother. just let user themselves inject FSR inside the game. i think there is already some projects doing that.

So, would they just add this in UE5 as well?

i think Epic already claim that their TSR for UE5 will do pretty much the same thing as FSR and will be much superior options.

Oh, this is... Good?

Yes, I think it is. Heh. Now AMD just needs to convince all games already built and about to go out of support to use it :D

Well, bad sarcasm aside, there's plenty games using UE4 actively, so this is definitely interesting.

Also, there were some engines with their own internal upscalers, weren't there? Wasn't UE5 one of them? Am I remembering incorrectly? So, would they just add this in UE5 as well?

Regards.

Agreed, there are better upscalers out there now it seems with UE5 and other engines. I heard Halo Infinite's upscaler is on par if not better than FSR actually.

AMD's gotta up their game with FSR 2.0 or whatever they call it if they want to remain competitive lol.