AMD Responds To CPU Security Flaw Report

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously? You were using irony because I was bashing TH and praising anandtech for their work. Don't make a CTS-Labs statement here.

What's more entertaining, but in a sad and rather pathetic way, is that instead of putting aside any manufacturer bias and just commenting as a computing enthusiast, you felt it necessary to deride people for sharing their opinions and fan the flames for the sake of seeing it burn. Kudos for being that dou... guy.

What's more entertaining, but in a sad and rather pathetic way, is that instead of putting aside any manufacturer bias and just commenting as a computing enthusiast,

I think the point he was making that AMD fans (and there isn't a thing wrong with it) promptly accuse Intel without proof, which is basically what you are criticizing someone of pointing out is happening.

Back to the topic though, did CTS-lab act in dubious manners? yes. Was is a Intel Plot? doubtful.. both side of fans of their favorite Hardware should not point the finger at things or corporation they have zero proof and leave the assumptions and conspiracy theories to well known you-tubers that make a living from it and the history channel " secrets and conspiracies" Tv shows.

Was the whole thing was blown out of proportions? yes absolutely , but I think it was only because AMD kept saying our hardware is flawless, when in reality everyone know anything that is built, designer and engineered by a Human (like it or not) will have a flaw in it, how other humans act correspondingly in a mature and not (for the lack of using a better word here) hardware maniac, is to take a side, and actually help the discussion instead of acting like left or right side of a political debate, which this is not.

My personal two cents is, hardware is flawed, and flaws are only found when people point them out, if a security risk, a upstanding lab would of provided the information in a time sensitive manner to help the hardware company (intel, amd , apple whom ever it is) to fix the issue and not promote gas on a possible fire that could be ignited by hackers, and other disreputable worldly people that only crave to make other peoples life miserable.

Lastly on reporting; did toms hardware report without checking, I have no idea I am not an investigating reporter so I cannot judge on it, but they were certainly not the only source that previous to toms hardware picking up the news bit from other more international news sources, like Fox, CBS, BBC and many other quickly grabbed so people would pay attention to their "information" , reality is, news people 10 years ago used to get 3-5 sources and check themselves what the information is, decide if it is worthy to be published in a manner that was clear and concise, now a days its mostly parrots in a tree repeating what a passer by spoke, and so the information dissemination begins. this is what the price is to pay for a world full of folks that want immediate information checked or not so they can talk, spit, and criticize and point fingers at people, in an informational uneducated way, and cause theses waves all of the news feeds, forums etc...

Nice bandwagon fallacy you've got there. That's highly stereotypical and inaccurate as not all AMD fans do what you (and he) are accusing nor do Intel fans do the same. Only someone truly ignorant would make such a gross misrepresentation and use that as a basis for argument. Speak for yourself and yourself only and leave the nonsense for those who willingly choose to play that game is what I personally believe. Your mileage may vary.

His accusation was inflammatory and nothing more, nor did it serve to add to the discussion in a meaningful manner. Comments of that type are unnecessary and should be ignored, yet there seem to be no shortage of them from either side. Can people not discuss something without choosing the low and utterly juvenile road?

manleysteele

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
I appreciate Tom's Hardware for mostly just reporting the news in the tech sector without a lot of hand wringing and unnecessary commentary. They leave the reader free to come to their own conclusions about the news. Their opinions and speculations are, usually, clearly marked and even handed. That's exactly why I prefer them and their sister site, AnandTech, over other tech sites. You know the ones I'm talking about. Clickbait sites who will publish anything. Also, I appreciate the fact that they make some effort to moderate the comments so that it doesn't denigrate into outright trolling and name-calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.