AMD Reveals Plan to Cut 10 Percent of Work Force

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

He is a warmonger.

- He has invaded 2 countries, one on false premise.
- He has turned around the biggest budget surplus (2000) into the biggest budget debt in the history of the US.
- He has ruined goodwill for the US around the rest of the world.

The list could go on and on.

The populace of the USA would be best to distance themselves from that maniac in the White House, not support him.

So say we didn't invade Iraq and just went to Afghanistan would you feel the same? If he just left the surplus there instead of allocating it would you feel better? When we have moeny it needs to go somewhere. You don't just build it up.

Either way I can remeber during the Clinto era when he was bombing the living crap out of Bahgdad. No one else does of course.

Ltes just put it this way. You don't like Bush and only see negative things. Not everyone agrees with your "Oppinion". Remember that we do have free will and live in a free country so what you say is not always what everyone else believes.

You will hate the next president even worse with that mentality.

Maybe one day I will be able to accept peoples ignorance but I doubt it. If we all really knew as much as we thought we did about whats really going on and whos responsible for it there would be a riot in the streets right now...

Rare moment: Complete agreement with Amiga on this issue.

And to get back on topic: Phenom sucks.

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

There was some (but quite poor in the grand scheme of things) justification in going to Afghanistan, as the Taliban (who had resulted from the American backed Mujahideen) were unwilling to extradite criminals within their borders.

If he just left the surplus there instead of allocating it would you feel better? When we have moeny it needs to go somewhere. You don't just build it up.

How about servicing the massive national debt that looks set to cripple the US economy within a decade or two?

Either way I can remeber during the Clinto era when he was bombing the living crap out of Bahgdad. No one else does of course.

That wasn't right either, but there were alot less Iraqis dying then despite the US enforced "UN" sanctions than there have been since the invasion.

You don't like Bush and only see negative things.

Because there are only negative things to see.

Not everyone agrees with your "Opinion".

They either watch Faux news and believe it to be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

or they are idiots.

Remember that we do have free will and live in a free country so what you say is not always what everyone else believes.

Your told you have free will, and live in a free country, with "free press" etc etc.

As long as you conform, your grand. Step out of line and well...

Bush has us head over heels in deficit spending. Our national debt is so large it's scary. We need to balance the budget and start paying off our deficit.

Before Bush there was a national deficit. That deficit climbs every second you breath no matter who the president is.

Bush didnt create the deficit. He has contributed to it and for some good reasons and some not. That is the pattern with the system, not the president.

Again, as I said before, if anyone was reading, the primary fix would be to control government spending which is largely effected by the Senate and their decisions. Dont forget that. Everyone always looks at the President as if he is the government. A president can get vetoed and he is not the all mighty power so spread the blame evenly if you want to point fingers.

I do agree that the deficit needs to be gotten under control and this would be done by controlling goverment speding as a whole. There are several sectors of this and not just the presidents allocations.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Free country what the hell is wrong with you Adolf Jr. is pushing your civil liberties down the toilet, nation ID cards oh ya great now I have a police state to my south all scared of the fake terrorists and propaganda coming from your TV's. Your people with either get fat and die, file bankruptcy and wish they were dead, join the Army and die so your big oil company's can bring in record profits which end up in the hands of few, be scared to death because your broadcasters are in bed with the propaganda machine.

Either or America has become a cry baby nation living on debt, but rest assured the World Bank aka Federal Reserve will shovel as much money as your paranoid nation can swallow all the time getting further into debt, something in the area of 12 trillion last I checked. And all in the name of liberty except American liberty needs tanks planes and ships.

Your right my country's government is in bed with yours north American free trade LMAO how about you guys pay us what you owe before penning up a new agreement that will only screw Canada and Mexico.

Face it after the show known as 911 your people have become children only wanting to hurt everyone that looks at your funny. Now don’t get me wrong I do like the idea that is the USA but the current incarnation is a sick repugnant version of the once great noble nation. Now its government, whiners, and bankers.

Word, Playa.

You are obviously a die hard democrat.

This is another problem with the US is there are so many voters out there that are ready to support whoever represents thier party and are bashers of anyone else outside of thier party whether they are good/bad or right/wrong.

Give me some good hard facts of your statement. Links and soforth. Going on typing back and forth means little.

I'm a republican. I think there should be less government, not more of it.

However, both parties are big spenders. But the difference is democrats want to waste money on stupid programs that give money to people who don't try hard in life.

Republicans want to waste lots of money on killing people.

If I have to choose, I'd rather give money to lazy people than spend that money to kill others and make the world hate us.

jprevost

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007

And you naively believe your news sources are saints :whistle: . :lol: Trust me, neither of them are telling the truth. News sells when it shocks you into believing the news elsewhere is wrong! They can't make money if they published just the truth... because you would just pick up any old news paper or news website to get your information.

I find it funny that the Bush haters pick all the wrong reasons to hate the man. Hate him for his terrible leadership skills, hate him for his international relations track record, hate him for giving too much money to the wrong people (mercenary's), hate him for his poor results on educational reform (colleges cost way too much and not enough new colleges), hate him for not doing anything good for the health care system. Don't hate the man because he did what he though was right and EVERYBODY ELSE THOUGHT HE SHOULD DO (invade Iraq).
Let's be very clear for a moment. Yes, there have been US casualties. Yes, there have been Iraqi casualties. But the reported "news" sources that keep telling use that Iraqi "citizens" are dieing... yeah, how much you wanna bet they had an AK-47 in their hand pointed in the general direction of a US soldier...
This war has cost us a LOT of money and a LOT of international admiration (ha, like they weren't jealous of our wealth before the war) but what it hasn't cost us is our resolve. We do NOT kill incense JUST CAUSE and with today's networking, one person dies from a US bullet by accident and the whole word cries fowl while 10 Iraqi girls/women get killed by their families for having talked to a boy from another sect. Complete hog wash. The US is unfairly criticized when you look at all the data. If you don't want to look at the data, and instead want to trust various "news" sources that hate other "news" sources, fine, but know that you won't sound too smart to the people that know their ****.

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

Do you actually think that I listen/read/watch one news story and formulate my opinion based on that?

Honestly?

:heink:

I'm not George Bush, its not a case of "either you are with us, or you are against us".

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

:pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

Are you nuts?!?!

EVERYONE did not think he should invade Iraq... (maybe most of the rednecks, fed on a diet of Faux followed up with a topping of Bill O'Reilly thought it was a good idea).

The overwhelming majority in Europe and elsewhere KNEW it was a bad, bad, bad idea.

Bush invaded Iraq to finish Daddy's war, and to convert Iraqi oil back into US dollars instead of Euros (not mentioned too often that - go check it up if you want).

piesquared

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006

The main stream media don't report on this much, if at all. Censorship much? But you're right, this was the primary reason to control the middle east IMO also. Although i'm not aware of it actually being changed to Euros at the time the U.S. invaded. I think it was to be implimented rather quickly though.

Just_An_Engineer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Clinton, a democrat, balanced the budget. Bush un-balanced it.

Look, I'm not a Bush fan either, but you can't blame the budget deficit on him. The president doesn't control the spending of the US government, congress does. The President cannot appropriate any funds without congressional approval. Giving Clinton credit for one year of budget surplus in a year when his party was a major minority in congress is just stupid. The credit should go entirely to the member of congress for showing a rare display of fiscal restraint.

For the same reason, blaming Bush entirely for the current deficit doesn't make sense. The blame should lay entirely on congress for drafting and passing the appropriations bills, not on the president for giving them final approval. You can make a case that Bush may have more influence on the drafting of these bills since his own political party was in control of congress for much of his presidency, however if that were true then why is the deficit now increasing at a 20% faster rate with the Democrats in control of congress than it was when the Republicans were in control?

If you don't believe me you can check the following link. Over the first 6 months of 2006, the last year of the Republican controlled congress, the deficit grew by and average of $41 billion per month. Over the last 6 months with the Democrat controlled congress it grew by an average of over $49 billion per month.
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

If you're going to blame someone for the budget problems blame the morons in congress not the president.

Just_An_Engineer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
and to convert Iraqi oil back into US dollars instead of Euros

Why would the currency unit oil is traded in make any difference? Oil is traded on the open market so the currency used to quote the price doesn't matter. It will still cost the same whether it is listed in US dollars, Euros, Yen, etc. All that would change is that you would need to factor in the current exchange rates.

That would be true but I think what they are trying to say is its US dollars because the US is supposedly benefiting from it.

When you people make statements like that you can post links to your information as to where you get this info. Unless your daddy works as an advisor in the government, I doubt you have that knowlede without a good source so be sure to post it.

Otherwise, its total jibberish and means little to nothing...

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
I hate Bush because he's an blazing Moron, Idiot, any other similar words you can think of. I mean, for gods sake, the mans father initial spoke out against electing him. He of course changed his tune after Bush Jr's mother stepped in.

He's not a warmonger, he's just an idiot that thought he could increase economic growth by getting into several wars. Iraq was just going in to finish cleaning up Daddies, and Reagans mess. Afghan, well if it weren't for the way terrorist cells are organized, it may work. But since they work the way they do, I doubt even if the found Bin Laden it would make a difference. But, ya notice both the countries that were attacked, were countries who's governments had been installed an supported by the Reagan/Bush Sr. administration during the 80s?

Hell I voted for Gore the first time, because I figured even though he's a stiff, he'd have been the lesser of the 2 evils. Then last time Kerry wasn't exactly competition or worthwhile. Not sure what to do about this election, I can't with a good conscious vote for Obama, since I fear he'd likely be assassinated by some nut. And if that happened, what do you think would happen to this country? Not sure if people would elect Hillary over McCain. And I think McCain would be just more of the same BS or worse.

Sad part about oil price is it's not based on real supply and demand. Mostly price per barrel is based off of futures and commodity trading. Which is why I just love to hear every here how some Oil company had even higher Record profits, while obviously it's because they keep raising gas prices. Think the last time I hear one of the companies reports a $60billion profit, or around there.

And for info, I survive on $7.80/hour, that apartment, car, bills, computer upgrades. I sold my soul to Walmart, but they won't put me in the electronics department because I know too much :(.

And no Phenom doesn't suck, you're just bitter :p

endyen

Splendid
Bush is not a blazing moron.
Pity!!
yeah, how much you wanna bet they had an AK-47 in their hand pointed in the general direction of a US soldier...
You obviously dont understand. Most Iraqis are being killed by other Iraqis. It's called civil war. The US war in Iraq has always been a war that only Iran can win. That is what made it a bad idea.
Had the US stayed in Afganistan, they might have been able to re liberate it. Now, the mojihadien will probably take it back to the 13th century again.

It's fun to see a random political debate. Yes, I know this is a cpu forum, but for the last few months the forums has basically been like this:

Phenom sucks.
No it doesn't.
Phenom sucks.
No it doesn't.
Phenom sucks.
No it doesn't.
Phenom sucks.
No it doesn't.
Phenom sucks.
No it doesn't.
Phenom sucks.
No it doesn't.

A little change is nice!

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

Are you serious?

Why do you think virtually all governments have had most of their foreign reserve holdings in US dollars?

The modern world runs on oil, and traditionally oil payments have been made in US dollars. Therefore, everyone needs the dollar to buy oil, which artificially inflates the value of the US dollar above its real value - which is why the US govt have been able to print greenbacks for fun over the past 50 years and not have the run away inflation such a policy would normally result in.

Look what happened when Iraq went to suppling oil for Euros in 2000, the US dollar plunged. Look whats happening now that Iran are supplying oil in Euros, Yen and whatever else with their own oil bourse*. The US dollar is nose-diving.

*guess what, in the lead-up to Iran unveiled this new oil bourse (which is effectively a trading standard for oil), the rhetoric from Bush et al regarding Iran's nuclear program and them being part of the "axis-of-evil" took off and all the talk was of invasion to try and blackmail Iran into capitulating.

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

Sorry, but that statement shows just how little you understand of both national and global economies and how they operate.

It also shows a lack of knowledge on the motives behind many of the moves made in modern global politics.

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
Iran was going to start the oil bourse using Euros no matter what. They were talking about it for many years before 9/11. A Petro Doller is not what it use to be. But on the same token why were these highly degreeded idots running the US ecomony thinking it would alwsys be in US dollers anyway. They should have had a degree is history maybe? You should not do business with your enemies, China , Middle East as a whole, we should put a knife to all the bellies and no more food exports and show them who really is boss, and no winers on our side when we do it. Of course it may not work. Canada betrayed the US in the 70's buy buying wheat and then tuning around and then selling it to the Soviets, knowing full well the US had an emargo against the Soviets selling wheat. So the US is not the only "greedy county".