AMD RX 480 Clock speed is varying continously

Saud6700

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
While idling, there no GPU Activity and the clock speed remains at 300MHz.
4baXop.png

During browsing, the GPU Activity shows spikes and so does the clock speed. The Clock Speed is spiking even when there's no GPU Activity. Should I be worried?
eM5RUH.png

BTW, under 100% load, the Clock speed maintains a constant 1306MHz (The boost clock freq of Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480).

While Playing Resident Evil 6 Biohazard:
KL1Sw7.png

While Playing Far Cry Primal:
TAsogX.png

Saud6700

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Ah.. thanks. That's a relief.
Is the Temp Okay? I've set the fan speed to AUTO. Should I be tweaking it to lower the Temp?

Saud6700

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Today, while playing Resident Evil 6, the GPU activity pattern was unusual. It was like:
GyZrLh.png

After playing for 15-20 mins, it started stuttering. I think it was due to the drop in memory clock (circled in yellow in the pic). Just to be sure, I restarted the game and after 15-20 mins, it stuttered again. This time, I had MSI afterburner running in the background to monitor temps and wattage.
baiHiq.png

1. Why is the GPU usage pattern so weird?
2. Why is my memory clock speed dropping suddenly?
3. What's causing the stutters?

UPDATE:
I also played Far Cry Primal today. There was no stuttering this time, but the GPU activity showed spiking.
1k6XCc.png

Hmmm, I would check 3 things, CPU utilization, temperature and clockspeed. You are looking for any signs that it is throttling which could be the culprit here. I'm kind of skeptical that it's the cause due to the rhythmic pattern but it's the best place to start. Also list your full system specs so we can see if there are any other potential issues.