Question AMD RX 570 artifacts

What "stress tests" are you referring to?

If you've tried it in a different computer and the same thing occurs it's very likely to be a hardware problem on the video card and with it being the whole screen like that probably VRAM.

Reactions: Daion
Nov 11, 2023
What "stress tests" are you referring to?

If you've tried it in a different computer and the same thing occurs it's very likely to be a hardware problem on the video card and with it being the whole screen like that probably VRAM.
I'm talking about "3DMark", "FurMark" and "Video Memory Stress Test"

I tested the VRAM and no errors were found there

Does it happen in every game or just some of them?

Generally speaking I'd expect 3dmark (depending on version) to display anything that it happening in games as well. The other two won't necessarily show anything.

Nov 11, 2023
Does it happen in every game or just some of them?

Generally speaking I'd expect 3dmark (depending on version) to display anything that it happening in games as well. The other two won't necessarily show anything.
This happens in every game and in 3d graphics programs.
If I remove the drivers, there will be no artifacts, but everything works slower

This happens in every game and in 3d graphics programs.
I can't explain the 3dmark working fine, but if you're only seeing it in games/3d graphics programs it's going to be a hardware problem. You could always try to take apart the video card and replace thermal paste/pads in case it's being caused by heat/power delivery overheating.
If I remove the drivers, there will be no artifacts, but everything works slower
When you don't have drivers installed it's not using the card in any fashion other than the display controller part.

Reactions: Daion
Nov 11, 2023
I can't explain the 3dmark working fine, but if you're only seeing it in games/3d graphics programs it's going to be a hardware problem. You could always try to take apart the video card and replace thermal paste/pads in case it's being caused by heat/power delivery overheating.

When you don't have drivers installed it's not using the card in any fashion other than the display controller part.
replacement of thermal paste and pads did nothing

If the card just suddenly started doing this, then I'm afraid that it's the card telling you that it's on its way out. Have you had the card since new or did you buy it used from someone who claims that it was never used for mining?

Reactions: Order 66