Question AMD RX 580 8GB okay with A68HM-E?

Aug 29, 2023
Motherboard: Asus A68HM-E
GPU : XFX RX 580 8GB 2304SP
PSU: 700 watts
I want to know if my motherboard is compatible with a GPU I am aiming for. In case the RX 580 is not compatible, feel free to recommend a graphics card that suits my motherboard better.

Aug 29, 2023
Motherboard compatibility isn't really a thing these days. The GPU question is what *exact* PSU you have, as "700 watts" doesn't say very much.
  • Model: 700W Intelligent
  • Volts: ATX 12V
  • Watts: 700W power supply
  • PIN: 20+4 CPU +4 pin + 2 molex 2 sata power Big Fan
  • Compliant with ATX 12Vversion 2.2
  • Features:
  • Compliant with latest multi-core CPU motherboards and high-end graphic cards
  • Dual 12V rails design provides independent output currents for CPUs
  • Quiet mode Technology
  • Over-current protection
  • Over-power protection
  • Short circuit protection
  • 100% full load burn-in

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is this your power supply? This is all that comes up for Intelligent 700W.

Untitled.png

If so, you will definitely need a power supply. This is a fake 700W PSU. It's not even a 200W PSU. It's basically a 180W PSU, and a bad one at that. You can't buy real PSUs for the equivalent of $7 US.

Reactions: Corwin65
Aug 29, 2023
Is this your power supply? This is all that comes up for Intelligent 700W.

Untitled.png

If so, you will definitely need a power supply. This is a fake 700W PSU. It's not even a 200W PSU. It's basically a 180W PSU, and a bad one at that. You can't buy real PSUs for the equivalent of $7 US.
I bought this from EasyPC, I guess they aren't legit despite the positive reviews I've read. How about Inplay Gear's True Rated GS550-ULTRA 550W 80Plus ATX Power Supply,? It's being sold from their flagship store. If not, I guess I'll go into some PC stores and diligently look there. Thank you by the way!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
No, another basement-tier group-regulated PSU. Not a 550W PSU either. 80 Plus badge appears to be fake too; the 80 Plus people have no listings for this company in their database.

Problem is, you're not even in the same galaxy to run an RX 580 safely. You're talking a minimum of four times as much just to get a decent budget PSU; PSUs that aren't garbage aren't available for the equivalent of USD $20 in any country in the world.

This is probably the best tier list right now. Tier C would already be pushing it for any GPU that requires supplementary power; if something even to this low standard isn't an option, I'd forget the idea of an RX 580.

Reactions: KGbrts and Corwin65

Latest posts