Question AMD RX 580 XFX crashing after starting any game.

Jun 10, 2024
Hey there.

I've been having this GPU for 2 months and this problem has been around all the time. Whenever I start game, whether it be S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or CS2 after few minutes GPU drivers timeout.

I've tried DDU, Windows reinstall, Driver update, even when I put tuning in Adrenaline software as default it still crashes.

I've tried using older drivers, that kind of fixes crashing issue but then there are FPS issues.

My configuration is :
AMD RX 580 8GB XFX
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ID-COOLING SE-214-XT ARGB
Kingston Fury 16GB Beast DDR4 3200(one stick)
Asus Prime A320M-K
LCPOWER LC600H-12 600W

Can any of you please help me fix this issue?

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Beside the PSU that was pointed out by @rgd1101 - i would propose to take out the card and insert it in another system. Ask a friend to help you to test it.
If the card is functioning properly in the second system then you eliminate the video card issue.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Ralston18

Titan
Take a look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some relevant error code, warning, or even informational event just before or at the time of the crashes.

= = = =

Manually download the GPU drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

No third party installers.

Jun 10, 2024
Take a look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some relevant error code, warning, or even informational event just before or at the time of the crashes.

= = = =

Manually download the GPU drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

No third party installers.
All drivers are manually installed.

I just returned GPU to seller and he returned me other one (also RX 580 XFX 8GB) and games still crash. What could it be. Is it because I don't have dual channel? My CPU is new, I bought it 2-3 months ago. RAM is also new bought 2-3 m ago. Is it maybe because of HDD and SSD or MOBO because everything else is changed.

Ralston18

Titan
What error codes, warnings, etc. are appearing in Reliability History/Monitor.

Open the tool window, select "View by Days" and expand so the full window can be seen.

Click on the most recent days that have the most errors or entries.

Take some screenshots and post the screenshots here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Jun 10, 2024
Also dism and sfc didn't help..Could reinstalling windows once again help?
It did. I installed Windows 11 for the first time and I played Witcher 3 for like 2 hours without single crash. I don't know if I did something wrong while optimizing my Windows 10 but it works fine now.