[SOLVED] AMD RX 6700XT Refence card slowing down wifi signal.

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

I have been super confused every since I got my new card my 400mbps connection has been giving me speeds of around 50-150, I thought this was a issue with the internal card.

After many trials and errors this card is putting off some type of frequency that is slowing down WIFI signals.

Proof of such, I finally gave up and for craps and giggles put my phone close to the pc while running a speed test went form 398mbps right down to 150 when within 6 inches of the graphics card.

Swap the graphic card out for another one (rtx 3060) No issues with this.

What the heck is going on here and what should I do? Weirdest thing I have ever seen. Anything that comes close the this video card has signal issues, So I pretty much can't use my Wifi card.

Any ideas?

Also, I loaded a benchmark on the GPU and this made the signal issues much worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It seems like the card is emitting enough RF interference to cause this. There's nothing you can really do about it, unless you don't mind wrapping the entire thing in aluminum foil.
D

Deleted member 362816

It seems like the card is emitting enough RF interference to cause this. There's nothing you can really do about it, unless you don't mind wrapping the entire thing in aluminum foil.

I have never seen this in my life. Have you ever seen this before. Other then the bad wifi signals could this be harmful at all to humans?

Guess I can just run cat6 cable :p

D

Deleted member 362816

For giggle wrapped the side panel facing me and it did fix the signal issues lol

TRENDING THREADS