[SOLVED] AMD RX570 not displaying anything...

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Hey all, so my friend and I have decided to build a PC for him and there is no display at all, no signal...

PSU: Phanteks PH-P550GF 550W Gold Power Supply
MOBO: ASROCK B450M Steel Legend
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz
GPU: MSI Radeon RX570 Armor OC

We brought another friend over and the monitor could pick up his PC, which had a 'Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce' and we even tested an Xbox, that worked as well. So we knew the monitor worked.
We suspected the motherboard, so we put the GTX970 into the new PC with the ASROCK motherboard, and even my dad's GT210 and both of them worked.
We put the RX570 into the other friend's PC and it worked, with the same exact power supply - but the motherboard was a 'Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite'. The GT210 worked on this motherboard as well.

We've run into a block and don't know what to do, is the ASROCK motherboard faulty? Is it the RX570? Someone please help soon!

Solution
Odd. Couple things i can think of is check the 570 pcie is making complete contact with the board slot, not elevated or stopped for any reason. Another is video ports, if close to case chassis, check cable plug is fitting in all the way.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Odd. Couple things i can think of is check the 570 pcie is making complete contact with the board slot, not elevated or stopped for any reason. Another is video ports, if close to case chassis, check cable plug is fitting in all the way.

Solution