[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 3 safe temperature

dsdani352

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
Hi. I'm currently running an AMD Ryzen 3 1200 system. I bought it as a temporary CPU, a month ago since I had to wait for the release of Zen2 CPUs. So, I tried overclocking it with the stock cooler and managed 3.7 GHz at 1.3V. I'm totally new to overclocking and stuff, so I was a bit concerned when the CPU temperature hit 85 degrees during Prime95 load test. It idles at about 45-49 degrees. Are these temperatures fine? Or should I lower the voltage?

Solution
The ideal temperature is high for your cpu. As ryzen 3 is a budget cpu, just to be on a safe side, the temperature on load shouldn't exceed 80 degree. Try lowering the voltage.
Also check your cpu fan speed while doing so.

overRev26

Reputable
Apr 6, 2017
The ideal temperature is high for your cpu. As ryzen 3 is a budget cpu, just to be on a safe side, the temperature on load shouldn't exceed 80 degree. Try lowering the voltage.

Solution

dsdani352

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
Well now when I check the temperature during gaming, it maxes out at 76 degrees. Isn't that fine for the stock cooler? I mean I got 85-86 degrees while stressing it with prime95. Under normal circumstances it stays below 80.

overRev26

Reputable
Apr 6, 2017
Well now when I check the temperature during gaming, it maxes out at 76 degrees. Isn't that fine for the stock cooler? I mean I got 85-86 degrees while stressing it with prime95. Under normal circumstances it stays below 80.
I think while gaming 76 is fine,but it depends on how many hours you play games. Also tell me the amount of time you stress the cpu for and for gaming also. Plus whats your fan speed while doing both.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you are OC'ing on stock cooler, then that is why. Generally speaking the system is going to shut down/crash before having a heat induced issue on the immediate side. If is a temporary install and you aren't having issue I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I recently sold a 1200 with a fan, working condition, and was only able to get $40 for it, which doesn't really cover a high end cooler.

dsdani352

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
Sorry for replying late. Wasn't around for a while.
I think while gaming 76 is fine,but it depends on how many hours you play games. Also tell me the amount of time you stress the cpu for and for gaming also. Plus whats your fan speed while doing both.
I tried gaming for 2-3 hours straight. And the fan speed, I let it run in the smart mode. I guess it's around 60-70% at that temperature.
If you are OC'ing on stock cooler, then that is why. Generally speaking the system is going to shut down/crash before having a heat induced issue on the immediate side. If is a temporary install and you aren't having issue I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I recently sold a 1200 with a fan, working condition, and was only able to get $40 for it, which doesn't really cover a high end cooler.
Yeah. It's a temporary setup and I'll get the 3600 soon. :)

TRENDING THREADS