ml240l cooler
tforce delta 3200 mhz 2x8
1200 watt power supply plat
full tower case with 5 fans
any setting to apply
thx
sorry for my bad english

Solution
Ryzen is not Intel, don't compare them temps and voltage wise, they work differently.
For better idle temps, make sure that pump is running full speed all the time (that's how all simple AIO coolers should work). On my Arctic Freezer II 240 pump is not speed adjustable and previous AIO CM Nepton 140XL had it in instruction manual.
CPU voltage can drop under 1v at true idle, Together with power saving options in BIOS, in Ryzen power plan, minimum processor state should be set to 5% so most cores should be able to go to Sleep state.
It's not unusual for voltage to go to 1.4v+ but it's not direct cause for high idle temps because of low load. Under full load voltage should drop to 1.325v with first batch of 3700x and less than 1.3v with...
hi all so i buy new cpu with new mobo
i was on intel i7 8700k and i change it with Ryzen 7 3700x with aorus x570
with
COOLERMASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB
and my temps on idle is 50 to 60 on amd ryzen master program
didnt miss up with any setting and i reaply thermal paste twice same result
so my quation how to lower the remp on my cpu
on strees using gpuz strees reach 95 dgree
on gaming reach 72 dgree
my new spec
3700x
aorus x570 master
ml240l cooler
tforce delta 3200 mhz 2x8
1200 watt power supply plat
full tower case with 5 fans
any setting to apply
thx
sorry for my bad english
Is your radiator and pump set so that the pump is not at the highest point to hold air?

Aug 13, 2020
Can you load other temp programs and make sure the readings are similar?

Are you sure that your pump and fans are on the correct headers with the correct settings?
i try hwinfo64 and coretemp and Ryzen master
in the hwinfo and coretemp there is spike of temps its go from 55 to 70 in just 1 sec
on the Ryzen master there is no spike but same temp on stress
i put every think in the write place as the guide of the manuel on the mobo
and srry for my bad english

Reactions: punkncat
i saw the video thx alot i will try that now and correct the position of the radiator
I'm not sure the improvement will be radical, but it might. At any rate: it's great practical advice and I wish I could get my 240mm rad mounted with the barbs in the lower position but the hoses won't fit around the GPU. Still, I'm getting decent temps even in stress tests with my 3700X.

When moving it, concentrate on proper mounting of the waterblock. FWIW, when I first mounted my ML240 I put the brackets on wrong and it didn't clip tightly to the CPU.

Ferimer

Distinguished
its between 1.2 to 1.435
Okay i would try going into the bios and setting that voltage to something more stable. The increase in volts will give you an increase in temps over and over and over. amd Ryzen 3000's shouldn't go really go over 1.4V. Is it at all possible to get a picture of the arrows on the fans to ensure you have proper setup for air? what is your case fans? how many do you have?

Reactions: Mohjolan
Okay i would try going into the bios and setting that voltage to something more stable. ...

That's not good advice right now. Leave both voltage and frequency in auto so that the processor's algorithm can adjust both as needed. Especially now, with temperature issues, since it makes adjustments based on temperature to protect the processor against degradation.

It will only hit the 'higher' voltages in in single core/light loads anyway, and AMD has repeatedly said it's likely to go as high as 1.5V when doing so.

Ferimer

Distinguished
That's not good advice right now. Leave both voltage and frequency in auto so that the processor's algorithm can adjust both as needed. Especially now, with temperature issues, since it makes adjustments based on temperature to protect the processor against degradation.

It will only hit the 'higher' voltages in in single core/light loads anyway, and AMD has repeatedly said it's likely to go as high as 1.5V when doing so.
Yeah but that is an issue right now is the volts. if he can just regulate it in the BIOS to say something like 1.3V stable then there wouldn't be a need to constantly jump in temps.

Reactions: Mohjolan
Yeah but that is an issue right now is the volts. if he can just regulate it in the BIOS to say something like 1.3V stable then there wouldn't be a need to constantly jump in temps.
Nothing wrong with voltage...it's perfectly normal to fluctuate between 1.2V and 1.4V when everything's in Auto. Actually, mine's fluctuating between 1.0 and 1.47 right now in "idle" (even in idle it does things that requires a core boost and a higher voltage for that) That's not the source of his temp problem and going after lowering voltage to try to fix it (by just setting a low fixed voltage) will only result in killing performance, especially light threaded/single core performance.

And jumping in temperature (as a core boosts to process a load transient) is also perfectly normal with Ryzen 3000. That's why you're supposed to look at an average temperature readout such as RyzenMaster's or the one in HWInfo.

Aug 13, 2020
Okay i would try going into the bios and setting that voltage to something more stable. The increase in volts will give you an increase in temps over and over and over. amd Ryzen 3000's shouldn't go really go over 1.4V. Is it at all possible to get a picture of the arrows on the fans to ensure you have proper setup for air? what is your case fans? how many do you have?
my case fan from fantech 5 of them cooler from cooler master

Ferimer

Distinguished
Nothing wrong with voltage...it's perfectly normal to fluctuate between 1.2V and 1.4V when everything's in Auto. Actually, mine's fluctuating between 1.0 and 1.47 right now in "idle" (even in idle it does things that requires a core boost and a higher voltage for that) That's not the source of his temp problem and going after lowering voltage to try to fix it (by just setting a low fixed voltage) will only result in killing performance, especially light threaded/single core performance.

And jumping in temperature (as a core boosts to process a load transient) is also perfectly normal with Ryzen 3000. That's why you're supposed to look at an average temperature readout such as RyzenMaster's or the one in HWInfo.
I feel like yourr just pulling at straws here and trying to justify him not doing something that would help him. The best part in all of this in another thread you are preaching a different story. Maybe you should be a bit more consistent with your decisions

... Maybe you should be a bit more consistent with your decisions
I don't know I've ever suggested anything but 'leave it in auto'. And I've always tried to explain the nature of Ryzen 3000 boosting and how it can create low-energy temp spikes that may appear bad but really aren't.

But this thread isn't about me, so this is the last I'll comment on that.

Last edited:
Ryzen is not Intel, don't compare them temps and voltage wise, they work differently.
For better idle temps, make sure that pump is running full speed all the time (that's how all simple AIO coolers should work). On my Arctic Freezer II 240 pump is not speed adjustable and previous AIO CM Nepton 140XL had it in instruction manual.
CPU voltage can drop under 1v at true idle, Together with power saving options in BIOS, in Ryzen power plan, minimum processor state should be set to 5% so most cores should be able to go to Sleep state.
It's not unusual for voltage to go to 1.4v+ but it's not direct cause for high idle temps because of low load. Under full load voltage should drop to 1.325v with first batch of 3700x and less than 1.3v with latest batches.
Voltage can be slightly corrected across the board by applying negative voltage offset of about -0.05-0.1v.
That's all under full, maximum PBO enabled for best performance.
For best performance, Ryzen is pretty dependent on temperatures. Best auto performance is achieved at 62-65c with sharp drops in boost frequency over 70c.

Solution
Aug 13, 2020
thx all for helping me i solve (i think so) temp problem i do that
l set the cpu Vcore to 1.250 v
and make all core run at 4 ghz and my pc is stable now with all test i do
cpuz strees for (15) min at high temp is 63 c
prime95 (15) min high temp 59 c
CinebenchR20 run all core at 5324 point with high temp at 61 c

I don't know I've ever suggested anything but 'leave it in auto'. And I've always tried to explain the nature of Ryzen 3000 boosting and how it can create low-energy temp spikes that may appear bad but really aren't.

But this thread isn't about me, so this is the last I'll comment on that.

OP, this poster has knowledge on the dynamic nature of the Ryzens. Just set at default and enable PBO. If that still runs warm, you need to get a better cooler or optimise your case airflow.

Messing with volts with these chips does them no favours.

Ferimer

Distinguished
OP, this poster has knowledge on the dynamic nature of the Ryzens. Just set at default and enable PBO. If that still runs warm, you need to get a better cooler or optimise your case airflow.

Messing with volts with these chips does them no favours.
Here is something you can read where the one you are praising has a difference of opinion in regards to The CPU and its cores and volts. Just saying more consistency
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...makes-my-ram-to-fail.3638779/page-2?view=date

Here is something you can read where the one you are praising has a difference of opinion in regards to The CPU and its cores and volts. Just saying more consistency
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...makes-my-ram-to-fail.3638779/page-2?view=date

I don't care about petty disagreements elsewhere, I'm talking about what's happening here. If you don't agree, fine. Agree to disagree. But don't involve me in your childish attempts to discredit another poster. Do you own a 3700x and run it day to day? Are you familiar with how it behaves and what its temperature ranges under typical operation are?

If not, maybe go observe one in action.

TRENDING THREADS