Question AMD Ryzen 5 2600 boot problem

Jan 21, 2023
Whenever I first boot my pc, my CPU clocks in at a fixed speed of 0.54GHz and it doesn't move at all, the pc is pretty much unusable. Whenever I restart it everything is fine and it goes back to its normal clock speed. I've tried resetting the cmos, I have tried uninstalling Ryzen master and running /sfc scannow, and finally I tried a clean boot, completely wiped everything off of my pc and I still have had no luck. I'm not sure what else to do besides get a new CPU, so if anybody has any ideas I would be more then happy to try them before I blow 200$ on a new CPU.

EDIT: I've also had an ongoing issue with Ryzen Master, everytime I try to launch it, it says, "Unable to initialize, hence aborting!". Even after my new system wipe

Last edited:
Whenever I first boot my pc, my CPU clocks in at a fixed speed of 0.54GHz and it doesn't move at all, the pc is pretty much unusable. Whenever I restart it everything is fine and it goes back to its normal clock speed. I've tried resetting the cmos, I have tried uninstalling Ryzen master and running /sfc scannow, and finally I tried a clean boot, completely wiped everything off of my pc and I still have had no luck. I'm not sure what else to do besides get a new CPU, so if anybody has any ideas I would be more then happy to try them before I blow 200$ on a new CPU.

EDIT: I've also had an ongoing issue with Ryzen Master, everytime I try to launch it, it says, "Unable to initialize, hence aborting!". Even after my new system wipe
Update BIOS ?
Install newest chipset drivers ?

Reactions: Timeswing